My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

Shaun Steels out, Jeff Singer in for the new album!

Discuss anything My Dying Bride-related

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:27 pm

Jeff Singer to drum new My Dying Bride album!!

My Dying Bride have recently had to part ways with Shaun Steels due to unresolvable drumming issues. Jeff Singer (Kill2This, Paradise Lost and Blaze amongst others) has kindly agreed to step in. Since Jeff’s addition the album has (musically) been completed and pre-production is now going great guns, lyrics and vocals are understandably still in the making but the band can prepare for the studio professionally now having 90% of the music in place and all drums complete. A quote from the band simply says “Jeff has been a light in a dark room, he breathlessly and seamlessly plays with the new music and intuitively seems to know what we're asking for, he has removed a lot of unnecessary pressure from the band in an already testing time. At last something good happens”

There are no definite recording dates as yet and still no song titles or album title. But it appears the band is forging forward.

Sounds promising!

My divine negative, No joy can be compared to you, And no conquest can be equated with you, No euphoria can be compared with you, And no love can ever replace you..
The Last Lonely ManUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby lost » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:57 pm

I liked him a lot in Paradise Lost. Really nice guy and great drummer! :beerchug:
"I remember the King and his Queen I shall never forget..."
lostUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby DarkLink » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:43 pm

Statement from Shaun Steels:

Ok, let's get things right here.....on Thursday 16th of August, i resigned from drumming duties with My Dying Bride so i could make more time to follow a much more positive career with my brothers in GODTHRYMM. I wanted to carry on drumming in my particular style which i was unable to do with MDB. I had no choice but to leave. A few select people on here knew about this back then so it's not a lie. Blabbermouth are saying that i was sacked, but this really is not the case (is it?)

What do you think about this ?
Whispering my given name.
Unfurls the fingers of flame.
Nameless sons and daughters of sin.
Step forward when you hear the bells ring.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby lost » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:03 am

I cannot understand why he's upset. They parted ways because of musical differences. There's no word that he has been kicked out.
lostUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Frits » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:55 pm

Well, how much I liked Shaun, if it's positive music he want to play, than it's quite obvious that MDB isn't the best choice.
I'm not familiar with Jeff's work to be honest, but If he has played with PL one can only assume he's a good fit. Best of luck to him, can't wait to hear him hit the skins!
I Fail to find comfort in your pale cold eyes
FritsUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby DarkFlyer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:36 pm

Shaun is an amazing drummer. In 2006 he left My Dying Bride due to health issues. Hope that his health is not the reason this time. :roll: :(
DarkFlyer
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:44 pm

To be honest it just sounds like creative differences.. No bad blood hopefully!

Both parties seem to have a bad taste in their mouth about it.. but hey, MDB is awesome and so is Godthymm... so no worries there.. I'll just support both! :worship:

My divine negative, No joy can be compared to you, And no conquest can be equated with you, No euphoria can be compared with you, And no love can ever replace you..
The Last Lonely ManUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby lost » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:54 pm

Yes, just creative differences imo too.

Frits wrote:I'm not familiar with Jeff's work to be honest, but If he has played with PL one can only assume he's a good fit. Best of luck to him, can't wait to hear him hit the skins!

He played on Paradise Lost, In Requiem and The Anatomy Of Melancholy DVD.

Calvin and Jeff, yeah, looking forward to the new album!
lostUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Return to My Dying Bride