Discuss anything My Dying Bride-related

Postby Lychfowel » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:33 pm

Uhm... 2015
I breed in chaotic frenzy!
LychfowelUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Lycaon » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:55 pm

Can't make too much of it other than a hint of song structure (don't think all the sound tracks show in the picture) and that 140 bpm is quite fast for a Bride song; maybe something more old-fashioned Blackish metal? Then again, if only half the beats are played the whole things drops down to 70 bpm. Guess what I am trying to say: I can make absolutely nothing of it. :P

@ Lychfowel: Aye, I also like the idea of listening to the album free of expectations and spoilers. Have tried it with ALODK, FLIS, BoW, AMOAOF, TM and FTM. Have failed miserably so far, but hey - let's try again.
"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
LycaonUser avatar

Postby lost » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:00 am

I'm hoping for some good news soon!
"I remember the King and his Queen I shall never forget..."
lostUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby DarkLink » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:49 pm

Anyone got news from the new incoming album yet ?
Whispering my given name.
Unfurls the fingers of flame.
Nameless sons and daughters of sin.
Step forward when you hear the bells ring.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Thiago » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:42 pm

I came here to post exactly the same thing, the last STATEMENT FROM AARON was almost one year ago, then the band went silent. :?:
I'm thirsty for some news. "Hey guys, we're here" will be enough at this point.

Also: I miss this forum so much! :soblack:
ThiagoUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Danhod » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:25 pm

*deleted*
Last edited by Danhod on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
As Real As Rainbows
DanhodUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby lost » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:47 am

A message from Aaron.

“Many of you have been wondering what has happened to the band since we cancelled all our shows back in late 2017. Well, here is the answer.
In September 2017 my beautiful little daughter, just five years old, was diagnosed with cancer. This event devastated the whole family as well as close friends and of course all of My Dying Bride and related colleagues. A black hole of worry and panic opened up before me and I was fearful of what was to come. The horror that surrounds this terrible disease is real and brutal and relentless.
The highly destructive but very necessary poison that is chemotherapy was started and after a time, surgery removed the main tumour but it had spread. Early 2018 a second major operation was needed to finally get rid of the visible mass but cells were still in her body so radiotherapy took place to destroy these. The side-effects of both chemo and radio therapies left her a broken and sorry little thing and my heart was aching like never before. As the father of a deeply sick child, I was on the brink of total implosion.
After the worst year of our lives, and stress beyond belief, we were gifted the news that so many other people never get; she is clear. She has beaten one of the cruellest of Gods bitter and loveless creations. Despite this positive outcome, there will be years of tests and potential complications which may result in many returns to hospital. I will fear for her every day for the rest of my life and hope that when I finally go to my grave she will be a strong and forthright woman.
We really need to thank the wonderful people at the NHS Childrens Hospital in Leeds for everything they have done and also the wonderful Candlelighters, childrens cancer charity for their endless and loving support.
The band took a small hiatus at the devastating news but gradually began to muster forces and start work on the next LP which we can happily tell you all, is well under way and in fact, is almost complete. I have not taken part in any writing as yet but will return to the fold this week, pen in hand and a new focus and eagerness to fulfil my role as wordsmith and vocalist for this remarkable band. We have returned!

Cheers
Aaron”
lostUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Lycaon » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:48 am

As someone who was hoping for a 2018 release - who knows, it might still happen - I feel like I am part of this eager mass of fans trying to get the band to finish the album. Knowing the reason for the delay completing this album feels like the most unimportant thing imaginable. Take your time Aaron, family first.
"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
LycaonUser avatar

Postby lost » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:57 am

A nightmare. Gut wrenching. In this situation everything else becomes so unimportant. But I am glad that the worst is over!
All the best to you all
lostUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Lychfowel » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:42 pm

lost wrote:A nightmare. Gut wrenching. In this situation everything else becomes so unimportant. But I am glad that the worst is over!
All the best to you all

Exactly my thoughts as I read the update. I got this dreadful feeling right away, and then it turned out well and I was so relieved, and then came the info on the new album and it just seemed so unnecessary and unimportant.

Cheers Aaron, cheers My Dying Bride
Cheers y'all
I breed in chaotic frenzy!
LychfowelUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby DarkLink » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:07 pm

I cannot even just conceive the nightmare Aaron went through. I'm releived to read she responded well to the treatment and that you can now move on to a new cycle. I wish all the best to the MDB family.
Whispering my given name.
Unfurls the fingers of flame.
Nameless sons and daughters of sin.
Step forward when you hear the bells ring.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Fleshless_Wreckage » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:27 pm

As a father of almost 3 year old daughter I can only imagine what Aaron have been going through...very nice to hear that his daughter is doing better.

As Lycaon said, family first. Family ALWAYS first! Take your time, we can wait because we know something good is coming.
"Pleasure Too Safely Enjoyed Lacks Zest"
Fleshless_WreckageUser avatar
Novice
Novice

Postby Frits » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:17 pm

What a devastating period that must have been for the Stainthorpes. All my compassion is with them and their little fighter. I'm thinking positive thoughts that no reoccurence happens.

I'm actually thinking that we should do some kind of benefit because this kind of treatment comes with a pricetag. Would anyone be up to help out? Set up a show in your local underground venue, find some bands who want to play and donate all revenues to the family? I'm just throwing it out there :wink:
I Fail to find comfort in your pale cold eyes
FritsUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Previous

Return to My Dying Bride