Discuss anything My Dying Bride-related

Postby Melkoroth » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:10 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZrdRHrECbs

Really exited about this :) will definately buy
MelkorothUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby lost » Fri May 24, 2019 10:43 am

Out today! Did anyone already listen to the rare stuff and take a look into the book?
"I remember the King and his Queen I shall never forget..."
lostUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Lychfowel » Fri May 24, 2019 9:29 pm

Ordered it just now, it felt so good to buy some My Dying Bride stuff again, been too long. Looking forward to the book, and of course the music, though I have a feeling it's gonna be weird to hear variants on things so ingrained ;p

Feel the Misery has been locked in my car's CD player since it was released, so it's about time. (Seriously, it is the only CD that's been playing in the car since 2015 lol.)
I breed in chaotic frenzy!
LychfowelUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby lost » Fri May 24, 2019 11:16 pm

I think I will buy it when the price is ok. Shipping gets more and more expensive and I don't have a credit card...

Looking forward to new MDB stuff! Feel the misery is great but the next could be even better! I bought things like Meisterwerk III in the meantime...
lostUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Danhod » Tue May 28, 2019 11:41 pm

Awaiting it in the post, looking forward mostly to the pre productions/any alt versions and live CD. The angel and the dark river is my almost daily go to at the moment so especially looking forward to tracks off that album.
As Real As Rainbows
DanhodUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby song^^ » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:21 pm

I received this yesterday and wow the book looks fantastic, a must have for any MDB fan !!! The Towards the Sinister vinyl is pretty sweet too but I'm particularly impressed with this, good job from Peaceville and the band and on Andrew's track choices one of them is Apocalypse Woman that he doesn't really like, very curious. I do like that song, very intense and very very dark ( like the rest of the album, depressing and discouraging ) but yeah it sounds a bit experimental and strange.

Shipping costs can be very expensive but wait for a nearby shop to have it, it's worth the wait
song^^
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby lost » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:29 am

What can you say about these unreleased songs???

4-04 An Unforgettable Journey
4-05 I Believe
4-06 On Monolith
4-07 Glorious Midnight
4-08 The Fool
lostUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Lychfowel » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:20 pm

My copy (copies - I obviously wanted the Hollow Cathedra thingy as well) arrived today. The book is great (read half of it, saving the rest for later tonight to go with some wine and silence.

But, fowl that I am, I had forgotten I had packed down my stereo system when I moved to a new house, so here I was with five shiny new discs and nothing to play it on (my laptop doesn't have a drive). So all in all it got even more expensive as I had to go get myself a portable drive. Whatever.

and on Andrew's track choices one of them is Apocalypse Woman that he doesn't really like, very curious

I was really interested in seeing what tracks the boys picked and both lists were really interesting but I haven't read their commentaries (about their choices) so I am looking forward to that bit of the book as well.

The book really is the star of the package, but I can't wait to get the time to listen to disc IV, where the interesting stuff (for the diehards) is.

BTW surprisingly tight focus on the first five albums.
LychfowelUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby lost » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:38 pm

I ordered the book on discogs now. Looking forward to it!
It is already out of stock on peaceville.
lostUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Lychfowel » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:22 pm

This set really got me all fired up about the Bride again. Bradford sounds like a (sorry, Bradfordians) shithole but in an alternate dimension it isn't / wasn't too bad and also I lived there so I could join the band on the bass in those early days when they didn't seem to get hold of one. You can't take my dreams...

Aaron's choice of two Evinta tracks made me go back to those and oh yes And Then You Go is a fantastic piece. Could (should?) have been part of some movie score. The dark, sad mood and the female vocals could have been in Gladiator.

lost, those songs are early versions of music for 34.788%...Complete - with bits and pieces that were discarded for the final album, but damn - it is really, really cool to hear this. In the book, Andrew states he wanted a different sound for the album, and if that is the sound of "An Unforgettable Journey", "I Believe" etc. I wish he'd gotten it his way. Of course that doesn't matter anymore since we get to hear it now.
LychfowelUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby lost » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:58 am

Sounds great. Thanks!
lostUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby bagingkle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:59 am

Wait...the book says Calvin was no longer in the band as of 2018? Is this true?

If it's true that is awful. There was never any announcement of this and I was really hoping to hear songs written by Andrew and Calvin together again.
bagingkleUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby song^^ » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:21 pm

bagingkle wrote:Wait...the book says Calvin was no longer in the band as of 2018? Is this true?

If it's true that is awful. There was never any announcement of this and I was really hoping to hear songs written by Andrew and Calvin together again.

The text doesn't really say that, but on this page:

I don't know, it's an internal thing of the band and Andrew has done a very good job (brilliant at times) when he has composed all the guitars, which yeah it must be very hard work.
Feel the misery was very good and the lineup that created it is in full so we have to wait, of course we all love Calvin here no doubt about that.

By other way I'm surprised that the book is already out of stock, it's too soon and the shipping costs were really expensive from UK ( as usual ), I hope there will be more units to avoid resellers making large amounts of money. And yes, new songs of disc IV are really 95% raw demos for music in 34.788% but really cool to hear and live concert of disc V is good, Aaron is quite funny between songs :D
song^^
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby lost » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:25 pm

I hope it is not true! But on that page it really looks like it is!? :( :oops: :cry:
lostUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby lost » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:37 am

Calvin has a solo project called The Strangest Of Beasts, there are some clips on his instagram page.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxlAlITB6LF/

I did not know that Aaron has an instagram page too:
https://www.instagram.com/aaron_stainthorpe/?hl=de
lostUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby lost » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:56 pm

My book arrived. It's really great! Wonderful pictures and cool demo recordings (34,788%!). And "Hollow Cathedra" on CD. Finally!!!

But I think CD 3-07 The Bitterness & The Bereavement is from "As The Flower Withers" and from the Unreleased Bitterness 7". Right?
lostUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby lost » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:28 am

bagingkle wrote:Wait...the book says Calvin was no longer in the band as of 2018? Is this true?

It's true. Calvin left 8 or 9 months ago. It was pretty acrimonious. That's why there was no announcement.
lostUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby bagingkle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:59 am

So....I can't afford to buy A Harvest of Dread at the moment. Are any of you aware of a way to purchase the songs outside of the box set? I really want to hear the pre-production 34 % songs.
bagingkleUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:25 am

So anyway, now that we have hah a chance (hopefully!) to digest the "Harvest Of Dread" boxset, what is everyones opinion?

Personally I noticed a few things I rather enjoyed.

Did anyone else notice the mixes on the two God Is Alone tracks are slighty different?
At least different to any of the versions I've heard on CD in the past.. (Trinity) Thy might be the actual vinyl versions themselves.. but as I've never heard the vinyl, I can't say for sure!

It as nice to get a breakdown of Aaron and Andrews favourite tracks too and the insights into the reasons! Some interesting choices from both parties for sure!

The abundance of pre-production tracks and demos was also really cool, some of those 34.788% tracks were (and still are!) pretty awesome even early on.. that album gets far too much hate as far as im concerned..

and finally! a good sonding digital (and physical) version of Hollow Cathedra! This was actually one of the reasons I sought after this release so much when it was first announced. So I'm glad it saw the light of day! Not to mention being an awesome swansong to the bands time with Peaceville.

What are everyone elses thoughts on the release?

My divine negative, No joy can be compared to you, And no conquest can be equated with you, No euphoria can be compared with you, And no love can ever replace you..
The Last Lonely ManUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:18 am

Also... does anyne have a hi-res version of the artwork for this release?

The internet is woefully unhelpful :(

My divine negative, No joy can be compared to you, And no conquest can be equated with you, No euphoria can be compared with you, And no love can ever replace you..
The Last Lonely ManUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Return to My Dying Bride