My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

My Dying Bride - A Harvest of Dread trailer. MDB book

Discuss anything My Dying Bride-related

Postby lost » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:56 pm

My book arrived. It's really great! Wonderful pictures and cool demo recordings (34,788%!). And "Hollow Cathedra" on CD. Finally!!!

But I think CD 3-07 The Bitterness & The Bereavement is from "As The Flower Withers" and from the Unreleased Bitterness 7". Right?
"I remember the King and his Queen I shall never forget..."
lostUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby lost » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:28 am

bagingkle wrote:Wait...the book says Calvin was no longer in the band as of 2018? Is this true?

If it's true that is awful. There was never any announcement of this and I was really hoping to hear songs written by Andrew and Calvin together again.

It's true. Calvin left 8 or 9 months ago. It was pretty acrimonious. That's why there was no announcement.
"I remember the King and his Queen I shall never forget..."
lostUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby bagingkle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:59 am

So....I can't afford to buy A Harvest of Dread at the moment. Are any of you aware of a way to purchase the songs outside of the box set? I really want to hear the pre-production 34 % songs.
bagingkleUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:25 am

So anyway, now that we have hah a chance (hopefully!) to digest the "Harvest Of Dread" boxset, what is everyones opinion?

Personally I noticed a few things I rather enjoyed.

Did anyone else notice the mixes on the two God Is Alone tracks are slighty different?
At least different to any of the versions I've heard on CD in the past.. (Trinity) Thy might be the actual vinyl versions themselves.. but as I've never heard the vinyl, I can't say for sure!

It as nice to get a breakdown of Aaron and Andrews favourite tracks too and the insights into the reasons! Some interesting choices from both parties for sure!

The abundance of pre-production tracks and demos was also really cool, some of those 34.788% tracks were (and still are!) pretty awesome even early on.. that album gets far too much hate as far as im concerned..

and finally! a good sonding digital (and physical) version of Hollow Cathedra! This was actually one of the reasons I sought after this release so much when it was first announced. So I'm glad it saw the light of day! Not to mention being an awesome swansong to the bands time with Peaceville.

What are everyone elses thoughts on the release?

My divine negative, No joy can be compared to you, And no conquest can be equated with you, No euphoria can be compared with you, And no love can ever replace you..
The Last Lonely ManUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:18 am

Also... does anyne have a hi-res version of the artwork for this release?

The internet is woefully unhelpful :(

My divine negative, No joy can be compared to you, And no conquest can be equated with you, No euphoria can be compared with you, And no love can ever replace you..
The Last Lonely ManUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Return to My Dying Bride