My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

Where church bells ring

Discuss anything My Dying Bride-related

Postby Danhod » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:04 pm

Lycaon wrote:
MySanityDoesFly wrote:Surely the version with the bells is the final version? Or have I had this totally wrong for the past several days?! :-P

Yes, I fucked up. I said the opposite of what I meant, happens more often than I'd like. ;)

How can we be sure this isn't happening again? Did you mean you didn't fuck up?
As Real As Rainbows
DanhodUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Lycaon » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:13 pm

Touché 8)
"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
LycaonUser avatar

Postby Lycaon » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:12 pm

Fourthly wrote:Okay. I have now heard the trio of bells. So...this is the proper mix, yes?

Yes!
"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
LycaonUser avatar

Postby Lychfowel » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:49 pm

Is there a regular jewelcase release?
I breed in chaotic frenzy!
LychfowelUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Lycaon » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:00 pm

Ando72 wrote:Wish I hadn't heard this news, as I now feel the need to buy another copy of the album (which, by the way I think is amazing and in my opinion their best since SODWOL). Does anyone on here know if there are other differences on the final mix, i.e. better sound, etc?

I have posted about the notable differences earlier in this thread. Generally, the differences between the two mixes are not astoundingly huge. You might even have to listen more carefully than you are used to in order to hear the bells. They don't come at 130 decibel, it is possible that you would miss them at first.
LycaonUser avatar

Postby DarkLink » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:03 pm

BRUCEBIS wrote:Hi good morning,
I actually own the "rare-not-so-rare missing bells edition". I would gladly purchase a new copy of feel the misery and keep the weird one, but could someone tell me if there is any way to make sure the new version I buy is the good one? Any hints to identify it, code bars, whatever??? I also find my copy to sound weak compared to previous recent albums as some of you pointed. Thanks in advance,

I think Lycaon should be your man to answer that tricky question. :)
Whispering my given name.
Unfurls the fingers of flame.
Nameless sons and daughters of sin.
Step forward when you hear the bells ring.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Lycaon » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:17 pm

I don't have the answer to that. If anyone can answer your question, Peaceville can. You can contact them via this link.
LycaonUser avatar

Postby Danhod » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:31 am

Adon wrote:I've received today my new CD, ordered after it came back in stock at burningshed and I'm pleased to confirm it is the correct mix. :devilsign:

Have you noticed any difference in the production or does the quality sound the same but with the extra sounds?
As Real As Rainbows
DanhodUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Lycaon » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:39 pm

for my fallen angel wrote:Did anyone exchange the CD from Peaceville? Do I have to send only the CD or the Digipak as well? Do I have to pay the shipping?

Best ask Peaceville! :)
LycaonUser avatar

Postby muskurov » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:39 am

I didn't find it on youtube, but try this link
muskurovUser avatar

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:35 pm

Both of the versions I have, have no bells hahaha

My divine negative, No joy can be compared to you, And no conquest can be equated with you, No euphoria can be compared with you, And no love can ever replace you..
The Last Lonely ManUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby Lychfowel » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:16 pm

I have the bell-less preorder, but I am wondering, is the one *with* bells and whistles louder? I mean, my version of 'Feel the Misery' sounds like it was recorded in the mid-eighties, volume-wise.
LychfowelUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:08 pm

Wow!

I am really glad I got myself a "corrected and polished" version.. It's like someone has been tweaking the knobs in all the right places! There were a couple of areas on the album where it wasnt quite as Id have liked, but this "proper" version has corrected them! (my main issue was feel the misery didnt feel like it "kicked in" as powerfully as it could have, but does now!!!)

So, now I have two versions, the journalist reviewer version, and the corrected, and polished version, and man, I love this album so much...

My divine negative, No joy can be compared to you, And no conquest can be equated with you, No euphoria can be compared with you, And no love can ever replace you..
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby Lychfowel » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:20 pm

Is there a way to know I'm getting the polished version if I order it online?
LychfowelUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:42 pm

I wouldnt say so dude... I had the journalist review version in the digibook version, when it was originally released. I then picked up a digipak version the other week, and even though a fair amount of time has passed I still ended up with the Journalist version... So I utilised the peaceville exchange scheme. :)

Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

PreviousNext

Return to My Dying Bride