My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

MDB dance remixes

Discuss anything My Dying Bride-related

Postby Quiet Doom » Thu May 10, 2007 11:41 am

Would it be a good idea if MDB releases some of their songs remixed as dance music like they did in the 90's?
Quiet Doom

Postby Lycaon » Thu May 10, 2007 7:15 pm

Ever heared of Kiss? They got their ass kicked big time by the metal industry after releasing a disco album. I don't think it would be wise to take the risk. And still, I don't like to dance that much anyway. So not a real fancy idea in my opinion.
LycaonUser avatar

Postby Natake » Fri May 11, 2007 6:17 am

Enig wrote:I don't want any real songs to be released as dance music. But I really like what they (or more precisely Stevie Dachau) did with the TLTS-material on Transcending (into the Exquisite). Compose a house track out of many songs to create a new one, and still make it sound like Bride. But I don't know if it would be a good idea to do more of these. It's been done once with luck in my opinion, and it's interesting, but more could just turn bad.

Word.

Transcending (into the Exquisite) still makes me agressive. But that's caused by the music and not by the fact, that there's a MDB song mixed with "Techno" Music.

I think, that "Dance" music is nearly the absolute opposite from Metal. And - call me conservativ or intolerant - I dont want to see any dancers in front of the "true" Stage in WACKEN in three years. :?
Natake

Postby Kastrophee » Fri May 11, 2007 6:20 am

Natake wrote:
Enig wrote:I don't want any real songs to be released as dance music. But I really like what they (or more precisely Stevie Dachau) did with the TLTS-material on Transcending (into the Exquisite). Compose a house track out of many songs to create a new one, and still make it sound like Bride. But I don't know if it would be a good idea to do more of these. It's been done once with luck in my opinion, and it's interesting, but more could just turn bad.

Word.

Transcending (into the Exquisite) still makes me agressive. But that's caused by the music and not by the fact, that there's a MDB song mixed with "Techno" Music.

I think, that "Dance" music is nearly the absolute opposite from Metal. And - call me conservativ or intolerant - I dont want to see any dancers in front of the "true" Stage in WACKEN in three years. :?

I thought that was MDB worst song, actually the only song I heard by them I did not like...
Kastrophee

Postby Nicholas » Fri May 11, 2007 8:54 am

Transcending (into the exquisit) is an interestin song. I'm not saying it is good or bad, but is what it's title suggests: exquisit. Not that I'm listening to it all too much, well actually I listened to it only three times I think... I don't really think it would work out well if MDB had it's music remixed, it's just not ment to be remixed, by my opinion. Transcending was a lucky shot, tough it seems unpopular umong fans. I don't think it's a good idea, but we'll let the band decide...
Nicholas

Postby Quiet Doom » Sat May 12, 2007 9:34 pm

I think some songs would be very suitable for ambient remixes, Christliar for example would be perfect for it I think.

It's not like I would like to see them play funky house songs complete with synchronized dancing on stage, that would of course be scary :o
Quiet Doom

Postby DarkDread » Mon May 14, 2007 7:42 am

I recorded a techno/trance version of "Base Level Erotica" a couple years back... never got around to doing vocals for it, but if anyone really wants to hear it, I can upload an mp3 somewhere.
DarkDreadUser avatar
Novice
Novice

Postby Lycaon » Mon May 14, 2007 10:05 am

Great to hear that we can download it "somewhere." :D :wink:
LycaonUser avatar

Postby Larth » Mon May 14, 2007 12:11 pm

Yeah, upload it. I'd really like to hear some cover versions and all that stuff. Maybe you could make a topic for this where all of them can be listed, kind of..
Larth

Postby DarkDread » Mon May 14, 2007 10:48 pm

Allright, cover is uploaded, you can download it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IEHHNEEK

...and yeah, if more people post covers, we could always make a new topic with links to all of 'em.
DarkDreadUser avatar
Novice
Novice

Postby Larth » Mon May 14, 2007 11:55 pm

Thanks, sounds very nice. 8) Is that midi files, mainly..?

It's fun, maybe I'll pick up my guitar one of these days and record some stuff, too. Tuning aaall the way down to B or even A, hehe..

I wouldn't sing though.. no way. :oops:
Larth

Postby DarkDread » Tue May 15, 2007 3:06 am

No midi files, all sampled analogue synths, heh.
DarkDreadUser avatar
Novice
Novice

Postby Larth » Wed May 16, 2007 3:51 pm

MySanityDoesFly wrote:
redtemplespirit wrote:...now EXTENDED mixes would always be welcome as far as I'm concerned. A 30 minute version of "Cry of Mankind" or maybe "The Dreadful Hours" would work for me just fine ;-)

David

Yeah, that's true. I could listen to both of those songs all day, quite happily!

How about a medley? :wink:
Larth

Postby Philosphal Night » Sun May 27, 2007 12:17 am

CarpathianQueen wrote:Doom and Dance? No way. Two totally different styles and emotions. Won't work.

so it is
Philosphal Night

Postby Warspirit » Sun May 27, 2007 5:05 pm

Dance remixes can be done to all kind of metal, and often they sounds really good, but nothing I can to listen to for too long time.
Warspirit

Postby karakutu » Sun May 27, 2007 6:33 pm

CarpathianQueen wrote:Doom and Dance? No way. Two totally different styles and emotions. Won't work.

agree..
karakutu

Return to My Dying Bride