My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

Little info about the new album

Discuss anything My Dying Bride-related

Postby Melkoroth » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:21 pm

My Dying Bride Facebook
Ok news a tad slow this week, so here's small update. My Dying Bride tell me they have now finished 3 songs for the new album. They have working titles which will be changed i'm sure but just for the fun i think we can print them here. Renaissance, The Dread Void and World Of One. Sounds cool to me but i am somewhat biased as you may appreciate.
MelkorothUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby lost » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:16 am

So I guess we do not get a new album this year!?
lost
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Danhod » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:18 pm

Love the track titles, the Dread Void sounds dark :soblack: no doubt they'll deliver, I hope Nuclear Blast have given them the freedom that Peaceville did.
As Real As Rainbows
DanhodUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby lost » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:13 pm

Danhod wrote:I hope Nuclear Blast have given them the freedom that Peaceville did.

I'm sure about that!
lost
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:24 am

Looking forward to this, especially with the pure quality of the bands recent material!

My divine negative, No joy can be compared to you, And no conquest can be equated with you, No euphoria can be compared with you, And no love can ever replace you..
The Last Lonely ManUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby DarkLink » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:55 pm

Time flies and changes at the same time. There was a time I would have asked for heavier stock. Now I am only looking for authenticity and good old epic riffs.
Whispering my given name.
Unfurls the fingers of flame.
Nameless sons and daughters of sin.
Step forward when you hear the bells ring.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby lost » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:37 am

Yes, I agree. I think that the last output of Paradise Lost "Medusa" is very good. But I do not listen to it very often, I prefer their stuff without growls nowadays.
lost
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby muskurov » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:26 pm

:D great news!
muskurovUser avatar

Postby lost » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:48 am

MY DYING BRIDE - "Deep In Recording Mode"

British doom metal band, My Dying Bride, are "deep in recording mode and have apologized for the lack of info here. The message is they have simply been busy. Drums, all guitars and bass are complete. Vocals have been continually worked upon and some very different approaches tried and dropped and some kept, the violins and keyboards are also nearing completion."

The as yet untitled new album from My Dying Bride will be their 13th studio effort. It shall serve as the follow-up to Feel The Misery, which was released in 2015. A release date has yet to be announced.

Back in December 2018, My Dying Bride announced they had parted ways with Shaun Steels due to unresolvable drumming issues. Jeff Singer (Kill2This, Paradise Lost, Blaze) was named as the new drummer. A quote from the band simply states: "Jeff has been a light in a dark room, he breathlessly and seamlessly plays with the new music and intuitively seems to know what we're asking for, he has removed a lot of unnecessary pressure from the band in an already testing time. At last something good happens."

http://bravewords.com/news/my-dying-bri ... rding-mode
lost
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Lychfowel » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:38 pm

Also, from Facebook,

OK, wow, now this IS news, it appears that Lindy-Fay Hella has sung on one of the new My Dying Bride tracks and we also have the title of it too. "But Once Black". This is amazing, for those not familiar with Lindy-Fay Hella simply look her up you’ll quickly understand. Anyway here we are.

“This spring I was provided with some music which basically entailed nothing but sorrowful guitar lines from Andrew, with a note that I could do whatever I wanted with it regarding vocal ideas. Given freedom like this is for me very rewarding, unexpected things can come up then. However, when I heard the guitars a certain mood, feeling and melody immediately came into my mind and just would not let go.
My thought was to come up with some other ideas too, so My Dying Bride had something to choose from, but these other ideas just did not feel right.
One morning, waking up with the tune still going in my head, i decided that it had to be this or nothing.
Andrew had already told me that the song was melancholic, but with a kind of light in the end and when I received the lyrics, it all made sense to me. It was like the energy from the guitar playing was the exact same as the lyrics and the words fitted perfectly to the melody.
Although I had the opportunity to cut out some of the words, it felt natural to keep them all. There was some words though that I wanted to emphasize, but i can't reveal them here."

Lindy-Fay Hella June 6th 2019
I breed in chaotic frenzy!
LychfowelUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby lost » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:01 am

Interesting news! I'm so looking forward to this new album!
lost
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Danhod » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:14 pm

Great updates thanks guys, especially looking forward. I'm glad melancholy was mentioned :lol: Would be good to see any studio footage if the band has any.
As Real As Rainbows
DanhodUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby lost » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:28 pm

Is Calvin still a member of the band or not?
lost
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Lychfowel » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:01 pm

It seems he's out :/
I breed in chaotic frenzy!
LychfowelUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby lost » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:02 pm

lost
Doom Apprentice