My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

My Dying Bride's HEAVIEST moments!

Discuss anything My Dying Bride-related

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:53 am

Apologies if this has been a thread in the past, but I can't be bothered to look that far back into the forum!

When I speak about MDB to other metal fans (and it is a regular occurance..) I am often told they are "too slow", "boring", and the one that got me riled the most "not HEAVY enough"!
Now, as I am sure WE are all aware this is FAR from the truth (We can't be held responsible for others limited attention spans...)

I'd like to hear from everybody about those moments (for them), in MDB'S music whereby the guitar riffs, the drums, the bass, and the vocals all come together and just make you go "FUUUUUUCK" and you want to tear your surroundings up!

My First example!

The Barghest O' Whitby (22:00 onwards): Christ... what can you say about this..... It peels your hair back! Then, when that breakdown kicks in... hearing it for the first time made me incredibly angry.. but in the best way possible!
No wonder the band dont play this live, there'd be nothing left of the venue!

(Further discussions from me are likely to include 'She Is The Dark', 'Turn Loose The Swans', 'Kneel 'till Doomsday', 'Catching Feathers', and a load more... so here you have it.. the floor is yours.)

Lets discuss!!!

My divine negative, No joy can be compared to you, And no conquest can be equated with you, No euphoria can be compared with you, And no love can ever replace you..
The Last Lonely ManUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby DarkLink » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:34 pm

I will personally add: The Wreckage of my flesh, Catherine Blake, To Shiver In Empty Halls, I Am The Bloody Earth amongst heaviest moments that struck me down when first heard. It is nice to get a good balance with slower, cleaner passages 'cause the wait only makes it better when it finally comes :devilsign:
Whispering my given name.
Unfurls the fingers of flame.
Nameless sons and daughters of sin.
Step forward when you hear the bells ring.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:20 am

Completely agree!!

I always enjoy those moments when you aren’t necessarily expecting it and you essentially get your ass kicked by music haha...

Obvious example being the last 30 seconds of ‘The Blood, The Wine, The Roses’ :)

My divine negative, No joy can be compared to you, And no conquest can be equated with you, No euphoria can be compared with you, And no love can ever replace you..
The Last Lonely ManUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby DarkLink » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:26 pm

What do you think about the most heaviest moment on the last opus ?
Whispering my given name.
Unfurls the fingers of flame.
Nameless sons and daughters of sin.
Step forward when you hear the bells ring.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Return to My Dying Bride