My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

Sinamorata

Discuss anything My Dying Bride-related

Postby catherine » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:25 pm

What do you think about Sinamorata? I think it's really good...Aaron really feels what he sings...and the other band members are great too :)it was the first time I saw the video for The Cry of Mankind...what do you think about it?the song is great but isn't the video a little too much?[I must say Aaron's ressemblance to Jesus is striking] :o
catherine

Postby ALF » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:39 pm

We have a discussion thread on page three, where it is compared to "Darkest Eyes", their first DVD.

I like Sinamorata, but I prefer the darker feel of the earlier incarnation of MDB. I miss the delicious drum fills and abstract rhythms by Rick and of course, the definitive haunting violin.

I understand nothing stays the same, but still I have preferences.
I can see by your smile, you're not here for the sunset.
ALF
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Matvey » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:01 pm

catherine wrote:What do you think about Sinamorata? I think it's really good...Aaron really feels what he sings...and the other band members are great too :)it was the first time I saw the video for The Cry of Mankind...what do you think about it?the song is great but isn't the video a little too much?[I must say Aaron's ressemblance to Jesus is striking] :o

That role fits him... And video is great.
"...I ain't sellin' my soul when there is nothing to buy..."
MatveyUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby MySanityDoesFly » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:56 pm

I'm pretty sure that the Cry Of Mankind video is only on the For Darkest Eyes DVD. It certainly isn't on my Sinamorata!

But yes, the DVD is fantastic!
MySanityDoesFlyUser avatar
Ancient Doomster
Ancient Doomster

Postby Ezzi Lunara » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:05 am

ALF wrote:We have a discussion thread on page three, where it is compared to "Darkest Eyes", their first DVD.

Yes, Alf, and the link to that topic is here:

http://forum.mydyingbride.org/viewtopic ... 63&start=0

but because this thread is ONLY about Sinamorata DVD we can continue discussion on this topic.

MySanityDoesFly wrote:I'm pretty sure that the Cry Of Mankind video is only on the For Darkest Eyes DVD. It certainly isn't on my Sinamorata!

That`s right. It isn`t on Sinamorata.

I like the art work of the booklet and cd label. The concert itself is awesome and the songs to the setlist is well picked. The additional material, the gallery and those fan made videos was a really nice surprise. The Blue Lotus video is absolutely the best video they have ever made. I think I have stated before that The prize of Beauty is the best in my opinion and I certainly think it is a good video dispite of the fact that it is unfinished. Somehow I just love the athmosphere and the story of the Blue Lotus video and those two boxes was a simple idea but very good on the video as well as the lyrics shown.

The live cuts ara great. I think that the sound of Sinamorata DVD is much better that on the previous one. Aaron`s white clothing were shocking at first but I think afterwards that it was a just a perfect choice. Now that Ade and Shaun are gone, this DVD reminds us about a certain period of MDB.

On the whole this is a brilliant DVD. I had somehting critical on my mind but it vanished. :)
Ezzi Lunara
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby catherine » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:13 am

:oops:
Last edited by catherine on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
catherine

Postby catherine » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:14 am

MySanityDoesFly wrote:I'm pretty sure that the Cry Of Mankind video is only on the For Darkest Eyes DVD. It certainly isn't on my Sinamorata!

But yes, the DVD is fantastic!

oh,sorry...my bad... :oops: I am always told that...the thing is, when I watched Sinamorata...after the extras, the one I was watching with told me there's this grea video for The Cry of Mankind. So we watched it on youtube but in my mind remained as a part of Sinamorata...because I watched them both then...I really have to shake that off....sorry again :D :P
catherine

Postby Aylin Black » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:19 pm

Sinamorata? My jaw dropped when I saw the video. I was watching and I couldn't believe they played so many songs that I wanted to hear (and see) live. And naturally I burst into tears at The Raven and the Rose... :lol:
~Lily
Being The Cunt of Darkness since October 2006.

"I am an Anne Rice novel came to life"

MDB tribute project: email torturetonal@gmail.com
Aylin BlackUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Enig » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:38 pm

Sinamorata is easily my favourite of the two DVD's. Captures the MDB-feeling better imo (now I'm talking about the main concert. The additional concert (the one that isn't from Dynamo) captures the old Bride-spirit amazingly). But I can't say I was that impressed with the extras. The fan made pictures was interesting, and The Prize of Beauty is maybe my favourite MDB-video. Could live without the rest. Doesn't like neither The Blue Lotus or the fan made ones. And the two additional concert clips wasn't that good either. Especially when they start to CLAP on the The Dreadful Hours intro. It annoys me SO MUCH. And where did the backstage footage go? I had been looking forward to that.
EnigUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby Ezzi Lunara » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:43 pm

According to one interview with Aaron, the title name comes from the word INNAMORATA which means to be in love to a woman. They just added the letter S to the start.

Sin Amor means without a love in spanish which gives this title an intresting contradiction don´t you think? I am not sure what excatly -ata means but perhaps it has something to do with feminine word endings in latin? We also know what the word SIN means in english so I think the title name is just fantastic :)
Ezzi Lunara
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby Enig » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:59 pm

I haven't seen anything about the Sin Amor before when they have explained the title in interviews and such. So I don't think that was deliberate. Makes it even more interesting, though.
EnigUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby catherine » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:36 pm

well they do have interesting names and lyrics and all....everywhere...but coincidence or not...it's one helluva great name :D
Last edited by catherine on Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catherine

Postby Nu Sa'ar » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:32 am

Ezzi Lunara wrote:According to one interview with Aaron, the title name comes from the word INNAMORATA which means to be in love to a woman. They just added the letter S to the start.

edit: Yes, I don't think the word is in Latin, but that it comes from Italian ( like "Le Figlie della Tempesta").
Loneliness aplenty spread before me
Nu Sa'arUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Aylin Black » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:45 am

Nu Sa'ar wrote:
Ezzi Lunara wrote:According to one interview with Aaron, the title name comes from the word INNAMORATA which means to be in love to a woman. They just added the letter S to the start.

edit: Yes, I don't think the word is in Latin, but that it comes from Italian ( like "Le Figlie della Tempesta").

As far as I know... it's not latin.... but however pretty close considering that italian was formed from latin.
~Lily
Being The Cunt of Darkness since October 2006.

"I am an Anne Rice novel came to life"

MDB tribute project: email torturetonal@gmail.com
Aylin BlackUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Matvey » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:23 am

Nu Sa'ar wrote:

By the way, what does "Le Figlie della Tempesta" mean?
"...I ain't sellin' my soul when there is nothing to buy..."
MatveyUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Next

Return to My Dying Bride