Discuss anything My Dying Bride-related

Postby Nu Sa'ar » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:38 am

"The Daughters of the Storm"
Loneliness aplenty spread before me
Nu Sa'arUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby DarkLink » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:02 pm

One more time, I will tell you that Sinamorata is far from FDE DVD. It seems more liveless and quite boring...

Perhaps the fan of the early workds of the band would prefer For Darkest Eyes and vice versa....
Whispering my given name.
Unfurls the fingers of flame.
Nameless sons and daughters of sin.
Step forward when you hear the bells ring.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby catherine » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:07 pm

I quite like Sinamorata better than For Darkest Eyes...I only saw parts of FDE recently but I watched Sinamorata twice..so it's definitelly my first option for now....:D:D:D
Last edited by catherine on Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
catherine

Postby Dark_Elf » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:57 am

Sinamorata is an trully outstanding DVD!!!I must say it must if been quite a great concert for the audience to experience such great songs... i was shocked when i heard them play The Wreckage Of My Flesh LIVE!!! :O , anyway , i can't compare this dvd with the older one , i mean the old one was briliant too!! I loved hearing the old songs and i liked seeing Aaron living the songs he playd at full.... (he also did that here at Artmania) so i'm not gonna compare the 2... i like them the same!!! and btw.. i think the video for The Cry Of Mankind is simply perfect!!!! btw.. i recently came across something on youtube.. you guys would probably wanna check this one out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMSStljmruI i personaly like it.... ;)
Dark_ElfUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Enig » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:22 pm

DarkLink wrote:One more time, I will tell you that Sinamorata is far from FDE DVD. It seems more liveless and quite boring...

That's kind of why I like FDE the least. It's too much life, and it just looks like more like a regular metal concert. I feel Sinamorata has much more identity. There's not as much life in the audience, but it's more intimate, and Aaron's performance it much more powerful. Sinamorata is darker and colder. I feel it fits MDB than a crowd of bashing people. Don't get me wrong, I really like FDE too, but it's Sinamorata which gives me the MDB-feeling the most.
EnigUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby figliedellatempesta » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:12 pm

sinamorata is cool... unfortunately I have lost the DVD, Ive beem hunting everywhere for the damn thing, but I cant find it. anyway, good selection of songs... really nice to hear stuff like catherine blake and she is the dark. i dont think their performance of under your wings is as good as it could have been though... I still dont like it as much as FDE either. mainly cos that one has martin in it... and i like to watch him :oops: but either way, we needed a DVD of their new stuff so its cool
figliedellatempestaUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Aylin Black » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:22 pm

Dark_Elf wrote: i think the video for The Cry Of Mankind is simply perfect!!!! btw.. i recently came across something on youtube.. you guys would probably wanna check this one out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMSStljmruI i personaly like it.... ;)

Mrs Maia Morgenstein and MDB in the same clip... interesting.... :wink:
~Lily
Being The Cunt of Darkness since October 2006.

"I am an Anne Rice novel came to life"

MDB tribute project: email torturetonal@gmail.com
Aylin BlackUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby catherine » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:17 pm

wow...interesting indeed
catherine

Postby DarkLink » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:52 pm

Aylin Black wrote:
Dark_Elf wrote: i think the video for The Cry Of Mankind is simply perfect!!!! btw.. i recently came across something on youtube.. you guys would probably wanna check this one out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMSStljmruI i personaly like it.... ;)

Mrs Maia Morgenstein and MDB in the same clip... interesting.... :wink:

I would have prefer never seen that... I don't like this movie by M. Gibson and the parallel between the two is simply too easy.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby SwanOnTheLoose » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:50 pm

A fantastic DVD indeed. An embarrasing question but what exactly is Aaron wearing? Is it a strait jacket of some kind?
SwanOnTheLoose
Novice
Novice

Postby DarkLink » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:33 am

SwanOnTheLoose wrote:A fantastic DVD indeed. An embarrasing question but what exactly is Aaron wearing? Is it a strait jacket of some kind?

ahahah^^! It is indeed ;) Personally, I prefer the black one.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Aylin Black » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:23 pm

DarkLink wrote:
SwanOnTheLoose wrote:A fantastic DVD indeed. An embarrasing question but what exactly is Aaron wearing? Is it a strait jacket of some kind?

ahahah^^! It is indeed ;) Personally, I prefer the black one.

I actually love the contrast between him and what the guys were wearing....especially Andy...
~Lily
Being The Cunt of Darkness since October 2006.

"I am an Anne Rice novel came to life"

MDB tribute project: email torturetonal@gmail.com
Aylin BlackUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby 100%...complete » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:02 am

On my travels, I've noticed that the Sinamorata DVDs out there have two different covers. One, which I have and is presumably the most common, featuring an image of Space with a star centred, and another one designed to look like a book, with a hand pressed to a window in the centre. Does anyone have both of these and is there actually any difference between the two, beyond the packaging?
100%...completeUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Ezzi » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:09 am

I`d like to see if there´s this dvd available with another cover? Sounds interesting indeed. Btw, I merged the two Sinamorata topics as one.
"We drain our oceans and suck all the blood out of the soil
We spend the time we have left fighting and killing each other
Lust for comfort, entertainment becomes an obsession
and there is so much time to kill"
Ezzi
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby 100%...complete » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:02 am

Yes, so I see. Thanks for that.

As for the covers, the Sinamorata cover art on the UK Amazon site (http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Dying-Bride-Sinamorata/dp/B0007Y2ANE) is the book design.

The One featured on the Wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinamorata), as well as the one I have, are different.

I am intrigued.
100%...completeUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to My Dying Bride