My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

How popular is My Dying Bride in your country ?

Discuss anything My Dying Bride-related

Postby m0rtys » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:36 pm

well in my country loads and loads of metal heads know My Dying Bride but we got no CD's no DVD's and there's no chance for My Dying Bride to come here..
but here in Lebanon people share albums and stuff so thats how MDB got popular in my country :D :P
what is reality when you're always lost in your dreams.
m0rtysUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby Persephone » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:21 pm

Not extremely popular here in Australia...from what I see anyway...I only know a hand full of people who have heard of them (if that)...I dont know whats wrong with the people down here...I guess its why they wont come to Australia :(

However I am confident enough to say that I would probably be their number one follower
PersephoneUser avatar
Novice
Novice

Postby Matvey » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:41 pm

Such music can't be very popular although MDB is one of the main bands in this genre, that's why I know relatively many people who at least listened to them for some time...
"...I ain't sellin' my soul when there is nothing to buy..."
MatveyUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby MySanityDoesFly » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:55 pm

Doom in general gets very little attention here in England. It's kind of ironic that the 'big three' of doom metal all come from this country and yet doom is so unpopular. I get the impression that the band are more popular in mainland European countries.

I think I know two other MDB fans personally.
MySanityDoesFlyUser avatar
Ancient Doomster
Ancient Doomster

Postby Azz » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:58 pm

Listening to the reaction of the crowd when they played in Sibiu... I'd say pretty fucking popular!

Indifference breeds indifference.
AzzUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Aroussa » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:44 am

I'd say they're pret-ty populair here in the Netherlands (and I think Belgium also) they play here a lot, whoo! and I have lots of MDB fans in my friends circle :D
AroussaUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby Dark_Elf » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:20 am

this is quite unexplainable... doom metal no beeing popular in england... :| anyway, here in romania i must say that there are alot of people who love My Dying Bride very much... including myself :D , it's just that we don't all know about each other that well... but i was glad to see how well My Dying Bride was recieved at the Artmania festival in Sibiu.... (probably the greatest moment in my entire existence...) come to think of it... i simply cannot forget what Aaron said...right before they left the stage... "we will be back very soon , Cheers!!!" wow... that gives me alot of dreaming and hopping going on :D
Dark_ElfUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Ezzi Lunara » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:30 am

I think people who listens metal genres in general knows MDB but still it is not mainstream and certainly has its´ own fan base, in Finland too. However, I know there are poeple who can`t stand MDB or prefer their earlier production only. Difficult to say how popular MDB is; I do not know how much records they have sold in Finland, but I`m sure the band is welcommed. :)
Ezzi Lunara
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby Aylin Black » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:55 am

Azz wrote:Listening to the reaction of the crowd when they played in Sibiu... I'd say pretty fucking popular!

Many people heard of MY Dying Bride... not all love it. But as a name they are pretty known. In my town you can find MDB cd's in the music shop and Paradise Lost cassettes in Metro. The real fans are a little more difficult to track down... but they exist. But do not forget that I ma talking only about the "metal community"..
~Lily
Being The Cunt of Darkness since October 2006.

"I am an Anne Rice novel came to life"

MDB tribute project: email torturetonal@gmail.com
Aylin BlackUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby m0rtys » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:01 pm

Ezzi Lunara wrote:I think people who listens metal genres in general knows MDB but still it is not mainstream and certainly has its´ own fan base, in Finland too. However, I know there are poeple who can`t stand MDB or prefer their earlier production only. Difficult to say how popular MDB is; I do not know how much records they have sold in Finland, but I`m sure the band is welcommed. :)

well loads of peeps think that MDB is mainstream..
well i know a swedish guy who listens to Within Temptation who calls MDB mainstream(no offense for the swedish people or for Within Temptation its a "not bad" band since its getting commercial for the past few years!..)
m0rtysUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby Ezzi Lunara » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:09 pm

m0rtys wrote:
Ezzi Lunara wrote:I think people who listens metal genres in general knows MDB but still it is not mainstream and certainly has its´ own fan base, in Finland too. However, I know there are poeple who can`t stand MDB or prefer their earlier production only. Difficult to say how popular MDB is; I do not know how much records they have sold in Finland, but I`m sure the band is welcommed. :)

well i know a swedish guy who listens to Within Temptation who calls MDB mainstream(no offense for the swedish people or for Within Temptation its a "not bad" band since its getting commercial for the past few years!..)

Yeaah, and some real doom protagonists do not even concider MDB as doom but what else is new. I don`t care a less. Getting popular does not, in my opinion, necessarily automaticly mean that the band is getting better or worse. But there are exceptions and examples a lot though :o and everyone has their own opinions and taste.
Ezzi Lunara
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby m0rtys » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:10 pm

Aroussa wrote:I'd say they're pret-ty populair here in the Netherlands (and I think Belgium also) they play here a lot, whoo! and I have lots of MDB fans in my friends circle :D

i have a ticket for the last concert in amsterdam and the their signatures on it
a friend sent it to me :D
m0rtysUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby Aroussa » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:16 pm

m0rtys wrote:
Aroussa wrote:I'd say they're pret-ty populair here in the Netherlands (and I think Belgium also) they play here a lot, whoo! and I have lots of MDB fans in my friends circle :D

i have a ticket for the last concert in amsterdam and the their signatures on it
a friend sent it to me :D

I got this:

:D
AroussaUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby m0rtys » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:13 pm

Ezzi Lunara wrote:
m0rtys wrote:

Yeaah, and some real doom protagonists do not even concider MDB as doom but what else is new. I don`t care a less. Getting popular does not, in my opinion, necessarily automaticly mean that the band is getting better or worse. But there are exceptions and examples a lot though :o and everyone has their own opinions and taste.

indeed, everyone has his own opinion!
Last edited by m0rtys on Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m0rtysUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Next

Return to My Dying Bride