My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

How popular is My Dying Bride in your country ?

Discuss anything My Dying Bride-related

Postby joker1961 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:27 pm

doom/gothic/stoner bands aren't popular here in England sadly :oops: yes I am...

fellow dark lords of the underworld...hell on earth.
joker1961User avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:01 pm

In their home country of the UK?
It's fucking depressing how little recognition they get, and it pisses me off a lot. No wonder they hardly ever play home shows, and I personally cant say I blame them either!

My divine negative, No joy can be compared to you, And no conquest can be equated with you, No euphoria can be compared with you, And no love can ever replace you..
The Last Lonely ManUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby Lychfowel » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:21 pm

It has been awfully quiet (again) here.

Happy new year to My Dying Bride and the fans on the forum.

I hope 2017 will be a healthy and productive year (especially for the band). Maybe we'll hear 'A Harvest of Dread', or maybe even a new album (!); also hope to see the band again (and still wondering whether the special set in Tilburg will be one-time only :))

~

Today my English class was going to have presentations and this little shy girl (14) came up and said, and I had no idea this was coming at all, "I'm going to talk about my favorite band ... My Dying Bride" :D Yeah that was kinda weird. She really really doesn't look or sound or ..anything.. that would suggest she'd strayed into such dark territory, so I had to ask her what path she had taken to get to MDB.

Not as surprising, probably, that she'd seen my work attire (My Dying Bride T-shirts on rotation) combined with an older sister who was listening to heavier stuff, and so she decided to check out The Band.

Lo! and behold. A new fan born in the frigid north. We're getting there.

Now I'm not too shy not to recommend some metal to kids, but this one I would never have guessed was "there" haha. And then she proceeded to talk about how she had discovered thrash metal and how it had become her favourite genre, "except MDB is something special"...which is kinda just like me, only she did not know that. :eek:
I breed in chaotic frenzy!
LychfowelUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby DarkFlyer » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:52 am

Doom is generally not very popular in Bulgaria, but there are some fans listening to My Dying Bride and other bands also in the last year there were two festivals - Doom Over Sofia with Isole, Novembre, Shores of Null and Mourning Beloveth as headliners, November's Doom Days with Forgotten Tomb, Fading Bliss, Immensity and Officium Triste as headliners as well as a concert of Swallow The Sun. Also on Autumn Souls of Sofia there were several doom bands - Mourning Sun, Evadne, Esoteric. Some fans travel to Romania and Greece to attend My Dying Bride concerts, I remember that in 2010 most second class of Sofia - Thessaloniki train was filled with My Dying Bride fans. :)
DarkFlyer
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Dissociate » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:01 pm

Aylin Black wrote:Many of you say for unknown MDB are... but maybe you just don't know the right people.

And that's a pity.. Looking from here, it seems like only few people know or really like Bride. I think the doom scene here in Finland is quite strong in the "underground", but it's mostly trad.doom metal. Well, maybe you can count Swallow the sun and Shape of despair among the more well-known bands, but honestly, I haven't met a fellow MDB fan for.. bloody ages?

Well, I can only wish that Bride would visit here too next year (supporting the new album). Or, perhaps I'll have to pay a visit to UK then! 8)
DissociateUser avatar
Novice
Novice

Postby DarkLink » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:45 pm

I guess it is more about the people you spend your times with than the country in itself. If you hang around metalheads, there might be a higher probability they would know a particular metal band. When I was living in Yorkshire 10 years ago, I often asked the questions 'Dyou know this awesome band ?' and most of them would answer 'nop'. Now I am in Montreal, Canada and there is pretty descent doom metal scene there, that also exports itself pretty well (sure you've heard of Cryptosy or Neuraxis). But most of the time MDB is still unrecognized. I guess the genre and the time don't necessarily help...
Whispering my given name.
Unfurls the fingers of flame.
Nameless sons and daughters of sin.
Step forward when you hear the bells ring.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Previous

Return to My Dying Bride