My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

How popular is My Dying Bride in your country ?

Discuss anything My Dying Bride-related

Postby KittieScarlett » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:29 pm

@Tyranny Romania...sorry I forgot to mention :oops:
KittieScarlettUser avatar
Novice
Novice

Postby Mechman » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:05 am

Most 'old-school' brought up, now mostly former, metalheads know and respect MDB, although there's no 'mass' following, so to speak. This veneration is somewhat symbolic and distanced. People who are now 25 and older have mostly parted their ways with metal and gone into 'real' life with getting married, children, earning money and general bleakness. Younger generation can in general be divided into 2 main categories: those who like everything that makes a good deal of noise (Manowar and Cannibal Corpse come to my mind immediately) and still younger ones, late teens, in love with popular emo- and death- and metalcore :( It was my best friend, a girl, who introduced me to MDB, she'd listened to them since secondary school. All the rest of my close friends' circle had literally no choice - it was me who always got most good stuff, and anytime we spoke about a band or whatever, I told 'em: yeah, it's good, but you haven't heard MDB... - what's that? - holy shit!!! You don't know?!!! U musta bee kidding... - So, now there are some 4 or 5 diehard fans, but founding fathers don't enjoy much interest, imbecile emokids blah!
Fall with me into my frozen flesh, my hungry death
You tremble before me and swallow my dying breath...
MechmanUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Mechman » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:09 am

One of the countries I want to visit someday.[/quote]

Romania's beautiful, my dream place is Iceland, but the goddamn crisis would probably leave scars on people's consciousness for a long time to come, no traveling there in view, unfortunately. Sorry, off-topic:)
MechmanUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby preacher » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:18 pm

Not big,Alot of people hear will not even know they are.
preacher
Novice
Novice

Postby preacher » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:28 pm

Mechman wrote:Most 'old-school' brought up, now mostly former, metalheads know and respect MDB, although there's no 'mass' following, so to speak. This veneration is somewhat symbolic and distanced. People who are now 25 and older have mostly parted their ways with metal and gone into 'real' life with getting married, children, earning money and general bleakness. Younger generation can in general be divided into 2 main categories: those who like everything that makes a good deal of noise (Manowar and Cannibal Corpse come to my mind immediately) and still younger ones, late teens, in love with popular emo- and death- and metalcore :( It was my best friend, a girl, who introduced me to MDB, she'd listened to them since secondary school. All the rest of my close friends' circle had literally no choice - it was me who always got most good stuff, and anytime we spoke about a band or whatever, I told 'em: yeah, it's good, but you haven't heard MDB... - what's that? - holy shit!!! You don't know?!!! U musta bee kidding... - So, now there are some 4 or 5 diehard fans, but founding fathers don't enjoy much interest, imbecile emokids blah!

And why is that I think people of any age can like Metal,Hey I have seen people over the age of 25 at metal shows.

:devilsign: I would be metal for life.
preacher
Novice
Novice

Postby Duvessa » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:06 pm

I know more people over 25 that listen to metal than below that tbh but then again most over 25/30 don't show it outside what they listen to. I started listening to metal since my dad listens to it, he still listens to it and he's 51 :D I'm 25, divorced, have a kid and work but no way I'm giving up on metal. :P
It is good to be without vices, but it is not good to be without temptations
~ Walter Bagehot

My Myspace page
My photos on Flickr
My blog
DuvessaUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby Mechman » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:32 am

Duvessa wrote:I know more people over 25 that listen to metal than below that tbh but then again most over 25/30 don't show it outside what they listen to. I started listening to metal since my dad listens to it, he still listens to it and he's 51 :D I'm 25, divorced, have a kid and work but no way I'm giving up on metal. :P

The context is crucial, I guess: my place (5000 town in a larger urban agglomeration) is rather conservative in a very basic sense, and metal as a 'hobby' is acceptable and tolerated in the first place among younger folks. When you're a bit older and still in metal, it's considered 'weird' or unserious. Then again, if you're younger you tend to accept challenges, later on most people just grow weary and conform. It's not exactly so black-and-white, besides things are changing rapidly. As for me, I'm a late-comer to metal, having converted only in my late teens, and I don't look metal, don't act metal, but by now, it's become a real part of my personality (if there's any) - I cannot be otherwise:) We'll see...
Btw., whatever the number of fans is, there are enough of them to get MDB to play in Ukraine - now we have tons of bands every weekend, and there are really high-profile agencies in metal business, I hope this will happen really soon:) We aren't far, we're friendly, we rock blah-blah...
MechmanUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby preacher » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:02 am

Mechman wrote:
Duvessa wrote:I know more people over 25 that listen to metal than below that tbh but then again most over 25/30 don't show it outside what they listen to. I started listening to metal since my dad listens to it, he still listens to it and he's 51 :D I'm 25, divorced, have a kid and work but no way I'm giving up on metal. :P

The context is crucial, I guess: my place (5000 town in a larger urban agglomeration)us. is rather conservative in a very basic sense, and metal as a 'hobby' is acceptable and tolerated in the first place among younger folks. When you're a bit older and still in metal, it's considered 'weird' or unserious Then again, if you're younger you tend to accept challenges, later on most people just grow weary and conform. It's not exactly so black-and-white, besides things are changing rapidly. As for me, I'm a late-comer to metal, having converted only in my late teens, and I don't look metal, don't act metal, but by now, it's become a real part of my personality (if there's any) - I cannot be otherwise:) We'll see...
Btw., whatever the number of fans is, there are enough of them to get MDB to play in Ukraine - now we have tons of bands every weekend, and there are really high-profile agencies in metal business, I hope this will happen really soon:) We aren't far, we're friendly, we rock blah-blah...

It is the same if someone was into comics and other things because you are form the same place as atila Cashter of Mayhem and he is in his forties and still does vocals.But anyway we are getting way off-topic.
preacher
Novice
Novice

Postby Aylin Black » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:38 pm

KittieScarlett wrote:@Tyranny Romania...sorry I forgot to mention :oops:

From where exactly...? I'm curious. :lol: I hope you'll stick around... (bit offtopic, sorry guys)
~Lily
Being The Cunt of Darkness since October 2006.

"I am an Anne Rice novel came to life"

MDB tribute project: email torturetonal@gmail.com
Aylin BlackUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby master of reality » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:19 am

I don't know exactly how many chilean metalheads like MDB, but they seem to be popular here, because most of those who aren't doom metal fans associate doom metal with MDB. Although here in Chile we have an amazing band like Mar de Grises, doom metal isn't popular as it should be. The biggest genre here has always been thrash metal (Pentagram, Criminal, Necrosis, etc etc etc).
master of realityUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Des K. » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:19 pm

I think in Greece are numbered on the fingers :(
There is no limits only obstacles...
Des K.User avatar
Novice
Novice

Postby The She-Wolf » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:56 pm

Quite popular in Portugal :devilsign:
"Se te é impossível viver só, nasceste escravo"
The She-WolfUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby doomerik » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:20 pm

Not popular at all in Sweden, unfortunately...
For some reason doom metal in general (or at least the gothic, doom/death variety) is not very big here. Metal fans in Sweden seem to prefer either melodic/classical metal or death/black. It has become a little bit better in recent years, but it is still very uncommon for doom metal bands to play live here.
doomerikUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to My Dying Bride