My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

B-sides and rarities?

Discuss anything My Dying Bride-related

Would you like to hear a b-sides and rarities album?

YES
83%
NO
17%

Total votes : 12

Postby DarkLink » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:25 am

Martin wrote:I think the concept of 'b sides/rare tracks is a strange one. I can certainly understand the desire for die-hard fans to hear the original music that morphed into the songs that were officially released, but concurrently, it's music in its first incarnation; it's devoid of the time, hard work and beauty than is crafted in a studio environment that captures the essence of the songwriting. It's certainly interesting to hear rehearsal 'tapes', but i think the final product stands as testimony to the talents that created that work. During my time in MDB i can't remember any instances where professional demos were recorded before the studio...maybe a cassette recording through Aaron's 'quality' mic, but other than that it was the good old tried and tested piece of paper with riffs written on it!
Having said all the boolocks above, it's been a long time since i was involved and i'[m sure times have changed significantly, so who am i to comment eh? i believe that there's probably asre-all of good quality recordings to surface from the period that i was with the chaps!
Anyway, by means of apology to anyone who takes offence..i'm hammered. Two bottles of Diamond bay Shiraz for £7.99!
Si Thi!

That was a good explanation for someone drunk! :smug:
Whispering my given name.
Unfurls the fingers of flame.
Nameless sons and daughters of sin.
Step forward when you hear the bells ring.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby MySanityDoesFly » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:42 am

Just what I was thinking...
MySanityDoesFlyUser avatar
Ancient Doomster
Ancient Doomster

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:34 am

I had a good idea for the name of the imaginary album too today, just popped into my head haha

Grace Unheard.....

My divine negative, No joy can be compared to you, And no conquest can be equated with you, No euphoria can be compared with you, And no love can ever replace you..
The Last Lonely ManUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:47 pm

thought about this again today, and how much id like to hear some old rehearsal tapes etc, practise covers and the like.... come on!.....

My divine negative, No joy can be compared to you, And no conquest can be equated with you, No euphoria can be compared with you, And no love can ever replace you..
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Bringng this thread back too! Especially as the "Harvest Of Dread" release has been cancelled, and was due to feature some demos / pre production tracks... I, as with a fair few forum members are dying to hear these songs i'd bet with almost certainty :D

Hell, I'd be happy with a bonus disc attached to the back of the new album rather than a stand alone release.

Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Previous

Return to My Dying Bride