My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

Latest Thought

Discuss the weather, your parents, your kids, the elections, in short anything that has nothing to do with My Dying Bride or metal, really.

Postby Minna » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:55 pm

Cheers and good health, everybody :beerchug:
Minna
Novice
Novice

Postby A Doomed Lover » Mon May 15, 2017 6:35 pm

God, I hate flying. Could someone invent a teleport, please?
Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
A Doomed LoverUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:44 pm

After a fair amount of a forum hiatus, I’m back... where did everybody else go though? XD

My divine negative, No joy can be compared to you, And no conquest can be equated with you, No euphoria can be compared with you, And no love can ever replace you..
The Last Lonely ManUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby MySanityDoesFly » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:31 pm

I miss the good old days when this forum was buzzing...not so much activity that you lost track of it, just enough to keep it interesting.

We try and ressurrect it once in a while, but I think this kind of internet forum has had its day, unfortunately.
MySanityDoesFlyUser avatar
Ancient Doomster
Ancient Doomster

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:09 pm

I remember those days... it was around 2007-2009 I was on here the most!
But yknow... as soon as we get some new album/tour/whatever news I’m sure it’ll pick up again!

We can only do so much I guess!

My divine negative, No joy can be compared to you, And no conquest can be equated with you, No euphoria can be compared with you, And no love can ever replace you..
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby Minna » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:45 pm

It's all fb and instagram nowadays.
Minna
Novice
Novice

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:16 am

I’m sure the forum will be buzzing again once new material begins to surface... it always does! :)

Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby firebird » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:30 pm

"The year is 2017 A.C. The whole internet is entirely occupied by fb, instagram & co. Well, not entirely... One small forum of indomitable doom-metal-fans still holds out. But life is not easy..."
Life is a mouth only death can feed
(J.H. Fabre)
firebirdUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby The Last Lonely Man » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:06 pm

There are a few forum members that have been around for a fairly long amount of time! Plenty were here before me and even then I’m going back a good 9-10 years. I still enjoy it here!!

Aside from that, I’m off to London now to see Akercocke!! :headbang:

Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby firebird » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:03 pm

Well, I am here for 18 years now (also when this only was a section somewhere else). Have a nice time!
(J.H. Fabre)
firebirdUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby DarkLink » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:20 pm

I like to have my thoughts and energy turned toward the present and the future. Past time and memories always make me nostalgic ahah. When we used to be around a lot (2007-2009), I think I was still using MSN messenger to chat with some of the people around here. Now FB has pretty much taken over every fonctionalities we used to have. Even the most recent news about the band can be found through their page. I still come here today in hope we will have a tight community that was even planning to meet in real life at some point. I have met with two forum members but now from Canada it seems a bit far away for me :cry:
Whispering my given name.
Unfurls the fingers of flame.
Nameless sons and daughters of sin.
Step forward when you hear the bells ring.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby firebird » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:38 pm

DarkLink wrote: I still come here today in hope we will have a tight community that was even planning to meet in real life at some point. I have met with two forum members but now from Canada it seems a bit far away for me :cry:

Once (2002) I had no own internet so I asked some users to send real letters instead of emails. MSN sounded like science fiction to me :D .
(J.H. Fabre)
firebirdUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby DarkLink » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:59 pm

firebird wrote:
DarkLink wrote: I still come here today in hope we will have a tight community that was even planning to meet in real life at some point. I have met with two forum members but now from Canada it seems a bit far away for me :cry:

Once (2002) I had no own internet so I asked some users to send real letters instead of emails. MSN sounded like science fiction to me :D .

Once (before cellular phones existed), I used to schedule a specific hours with my friends to be able not to miss them on the landline phone. :D

Also, I used to rip my own cds, record my owm VHS tapes and play yo-yo. Hey, maybe we should create a new thread entitled: "Once..." ? :beerchug:
Whispering my given name.
Unfurls the fingers of flame.
Nameless sons and daughters of sin.
Step forward when you hear the bells ring.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby firebird » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:09 pm

Yesterday I was so young and felt so damn modern because I knew how to spell "internet". Now people smile about the "new shit" of those days and suddenly a "once" exists... :D
(J.H. Fabre)
firebirdUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Previous

Return to General Chat