My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

Introduce yourself!

Discuss the weather, your parents, your kids, the elections, in short anything that has nothing to do with My Dying Bride or metal, really.

Postby Natake » Wed May 09, 2007 2:41 pm

Edit : @ J1 .. may you make this threat sticky, if there's enough resonance? For new members and so on... ?

So this is, I think, a standart threat in Off Topic Forums: Who are you?

Age, Country, Name, Hobbies, favourite Bands and Music.
And - of course, because this is the official my dying bride forum- some specific My dying bride questions, such as favourite Album and Songs and best concert.

So here's my list and I wait for yours!
Feel free to copy it and delete my answers to replace yours-.

Name: Saskia
Hobbies: Reading, listenting to music, going on concerts and festivals, spending money on CDs :o
Favourite Bands: my dying bride, carcass, Opeth, WASP, Testament, Kreator, Slayer - so it just have to be beautiful or kick ass!
Favourite Music:Just Metal (expect for pure Black Metal) and some of this "classic" Stuff as Grieg, Avo Peer, Schönberg
Favourite My dying bride Album: I cant choose between THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER and TURN LOOSE THE SWANS
Favourite My dyin bride Song: So there are too many. I really love Heroin Chic, Crown of Sympathy, The cry of mankind and the fever sea.
But this are just the genius songs. The whole rest seem to be great, too!
I forgot: I am the bloody earth. Godlike!
Best My dying bride Concert : I've to say that I never saw one. I wanted to visit the one in Amsterdam this year, but I didnt managed to find someone who drive me to Amsterdam...

More questions are welcome.[/u]
Natake

Postby Arctangent » Wed May 09, 2007 3:59 pm

Name: Francis
Hobbies: listenting to music: concerts; reading horror/sci-fi/fantasy; films; watching football (come on you Gooners!); collecting geeky action figures.
Favourite Bands: far too many to mention them all! a selection would include tool, nin, rush, my dying bride, pearl jam, neurosis, isis, black sabbath, motörhead, marillion, faith no more, ministry, jesu, fugazi, muse...
Favourite Music: heavy metal/hard rock and most genres thereof. except maybe emo and nu metal.
Favourite My Dying Bride Album: A Line Of Deathless Kings - definately their best work yet.
Favourite My Dying Bride Song(s): To Remain Tombless; And I Walk With Them; The Wreckage of My Flesh; Sear Me MCMXCIII; Cry of Mankind; Your Shameful Heaven; Der Uberlebende; My Hope the Destroyer.
Best My Dying Bride Concert : I have yet to have the pleasure, being only a fairly recent convert. Oh, the shame :oops:

maybe they will play the uk this year, he said hopefully.
You were the light and the way, they’ll only read about.
I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out.
Ten thousand days in the fire is long enough... you’re going home.
ArctangentUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby Nicholas » Wed May 09, 2007 4:37 pm

Name: Miklós (it's Nicholas in English)
Hobbies: writing, listening to music, composing music (sometimes), role-playing (anything from Vampire thruout Shadowrun to DnD), hanging-out
Favourite Bands: My Dying Bride, Forest of Shadows, Draconian, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Lacrimas Profundere, Anathema... and a lot more...
Favourite Music: mostly metal (except black metal), plus classical music.
Favourite My Dying Bride Album: The Angel And The Dark River, Turn Loose The Swans, The Dreadful Hours
Favourite My Dying Bride Song: Hmm... there are a few... I think Cry of Mankind, From Darkest Skies, The Dreadful Hours, Your River, I Am The Bloody Earth, Raven And The Rose, La Figille de Temptesa (I hope I got it right), and a couple of mre to be sure...
Best My Dying Bride Concert: I'm sorry to have to say that I haven't been to one yet. I wanted to go the Budapest on march 27th, but I coudn't cause of personal reasons.
Nicholas

Postby Dedy » Wed May 09, 2007 4:41 pm

Name: Fabian
Hobbies: my absolute No1 passion: making music (you can listen to it on www.myspace.com/aschedeslebens if you want to :wink: ); of course I love listening to music, too; other hobbies would probably be computer games, Internet and so on... oh, and I like playing football very much! =)
Favourite Bands: I could list so many bands here, but I'll try to provide you a short insight: Samsas Traum, ASP, Janus, WinterDome, Adversus, Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, Savatage, HIM, Darkthrone, Dream Theater etc... and of course My Dying Bride (guess that's why I'm here :P )
Favourite Music: Well, in the past days I would've said "Metal!", but nowadays I just listen to the music I like and that could be nearly any kind of genre and style... but mostly it's still the more Metal related stuff or Gothic, Rock etc.
Favourite My Dying Bride Album: At the moment I'd say it's A Line of Deathless Kings!
Favourite My Dying Bride Songs: There are so many amazing songs, it can change very fast, but right now I'd pick A Cruel Taste of Winter, L'Amour Detruit, Deeper Down and - I just love the mood - My Wine in Silence
Best My Dying Bride Concert : Well, as I'm pretty new into My Dying Bride I did not see them live yet, but I'd love to of course! :wink:

Greetings, Fabian
Dedy

Postby swatersdoom » Wed May 09, 2007 4:46 pm

Hi

Name: Stuart
Hobbies: Listening to music, reading (true Crime), playing music
Fav Bands: MDB, NIN, Anathema, Mastodon, Darkthrone, etc etc etc

Fav Music: Metal of all kinds

Fav MDB album: Like Gods of the Sun, Turn Loose the Swans.

Fav MDB Song: I would have to say 'A Kiss to Remeber' as i had it played as our first song at our wedding

Best Concert: April 27th, 2002 at London Mean Fiddler, where i met my wife, best gig in the world.
swatersdoom

Postby tarblood » Wed May 09, 2007 6:42 pm

Hi everyone,
Since I am new here allow me to join the fun.

Name: Alec
Hobbies: none I suppose. Probably it would be reading if I had some time away from work.
Favourite Bands: Since I accumulate rather than replace, there are too many to mention. Sorry.
Favourite Music: Doom metal
Favourite My dying bride Album: 34.788%.. complete.
Favourite My dying bride Song: If one, then The Songless Bird.
Best My dying bride Concert: London 2005.
tarbloodUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Aylin Black » Wed May 09, 2007 7:30 pm

This is a very stiff presentation... can people just come and say hi without having to comnplete a form? :lol: Joking of course...

About me? Aylin Black from the old forum... and your truly... The Cunt of Darkness...

Cheers...

you have all the time in the world to find out stuff about me...
~Lily
Being The Cunt of Darkness since October 2006.

"I am an Anne Rice novel came to life"

MDB tribute project: email torturetonal@gmail.com
Aylin BlackUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Tradewind » Wed May 09, 2007 7:50 pm

First of all I am Forestmaster of the old forum :)

New nick: Tradewind
Name: Ntinos
Hobbies:Guitar, my band, computers, dvds, cinema, wine, beer, going out, heroes of might and magic, ............
favourite bands: MDB, Katatonia, Septic flesh, Tiamat, Kreator, Metallica, King Diamond, Dark Tranquillity, Ozzy, Saviour machine, Anathema, Antimatter............
Favourite My dying bride Album: Line of deathless kings
TradewindUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby RWHN » Wed May 09, 2007 7:51 pm

Hello. RWHN here. (I went by Rev. What's-His-Name?)

I was an occassional poster on the old board. I hope to contribute more to this new forum. So far it looks like I'm an old fogey comparatively which is cool. Oh and I'm from the left side of the Atlantic which also seems to be somewhat rare on this board so far. Anyhoo, look forward to chatting with you all.

RWHN
RWHNUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby a doomed lover » Wed May 09, 2007 8:42 pm

hi everyone,

Name: Guillaume

Hobbies: Listening to music, playing guitar in several projects, spending
time with my friends

Favourite Bands: My Dying Bride, Katatonia, Ayreon, Dream Theater, Pain Of Salvation ...

Favourite Music: Doom metal, progressive music and world music

Favourite My dying bride Album: Songs of Darkness and Words of Light

Favourite My dying bride Song: Catherine Blake, The Dreadful Hours

Best My dying bride Concert : Paris, La Loco 22 april 2007...I am still dreaming of this day....

I really hope to see you in our community !
a doomed lover

Postby J1 » Wed May 09, 2007 8:52 pm

Hi folks, name is J1, I'm 31 which is way too old to still be playing with computers (or to have long hair as my mum keeps insisting), I am from the Netherlands and I have been running the MDB website for about 12 years now I think.

Likes: music (MDB, A Perfect Circle, Opeth, Kate Bush, Madness, The Cure to name a few), beer (Leffe Brune and Grimbergen Blonde particularly), books (anything except detectives and horror)

Dislikes: apart from R&B, deliberate stupidity and incivility not much really.

I look forward to seeing this forum be a success!
J1User avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Aylin Black » Wed May 09, 2007 9:00 pm

hehe... Hello, J1... (this sounds like a greeting for anonymous alcoholics)

Thanks for this little place you built for us... i was starting to feel homeless
~Lily
Being The Cunt of Darkness since October 2006.

"I am an Anne Rice novel came to life"

MDB tribute project: email torturetonal@gmail.com
Aylin BlackUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby PieceOfArt » Wed May 09, 2007 9:29 pm

Name: Kristian

Hobbies: Music, sports (not watiching them), science, philosophy & religion

Favourite Bands: My dying bride, Nevermore, Shape of despair, Draconian, Candlemass, Die toten Hosen, Pink Floyd...Too many to mention

Favourite Music: Metal, "ambient/electronic", SID-chip music

Favourite My dying bride Album: The angel and the dark river

Best My dying bride Concert : Nothing beats the first time! (2002 Wacken)
But none of the following 7 have been anything but great.
Last edited by PieceOfArt on Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PieceOfArtUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby TRISTESSEcu_VICTOR » Wed May 09, 2007 11:28 pm

Name:CRISTESCU(TRISTESSEcu) VICTOR
Birth date : 30 october 1988
Hobbies:reading a lot of literature but mostly history,philosophy,listening and playing(the guitar) music,doing some gym, looking at myself in the mirror,climbing mountains.....drinking beer
MUSIC:mostly METAL,Classical music,but i don't mind jazz,blues......
BANDS:Metallica,DEATH,My Dying Bride,Led Zeppelin,IRIS,Sepultura,Control Denied,Apocalyptica,John Lennon,Pink Floyd,Queen,Dimmu Borgir,Mayhem,Wormphlegm,Funeralium,Shape of Despair,Anathema,The Funeral Orchestra ,Morbid Angel,Candlemass, Necrophagist,Cynic,Atheist,Suffocation,Skepticism,Septic Flesh,Obituary,Dying Fetus,Mourning Beloveth,The Sins Of Thy Beloved,Pungent Stench,Lacrimas profundere,Disincarnate,Cancer,Ataraxie,Mournful congregation,Septic Flesh,Beneath the massacre,Immolation,Psycroptic,Autopsy
Richard Wagner,Jean Sibelius,Edvard Grieg,Gustav Mahler,Segovia
Favourite MDB EP: Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium
Favourite MDB album:As The Flower Withers
Favourite MDB song: Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium
I will be at the Sibiu concert to seMDB and hopefuly take some pics with them.......
oh cruel love , when held by you , my sanity does fly...
TRISTESSEcu_VICTORUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Lycaon » Wed May 09, 2007 11:30 pm

Name: Jochem
Hobbies: music, basketball, nature, art
Favourite Bands: My Dying Bride, other favourite bands can switch quite easily
Favourite Music: anything but hiphop or hardcore. still most of my music is metal though.
Favourite My dying bride Album: depends on my mood, but if I have to choose The Dreadful Hours
Favourite My Dying Bride Songs: She is the Dark (live), My Hope the Destroyer, Le Figlie della Tempesta, To Remain Tombless, A Sea to Suffer in, The Scarlet Garden and many more. As you can see, mostly the new stuff although I do like the old ones as well.
Best My dying bride Concert : Paradiso... Couldn't be better. First time, perfect location, great setlist, being able to watch the show over and over on the internet, etc. etc..
LycaonUser avatar

Next

Return to General Chat