My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

Introduce yourself!

Discuss the weather, your parents, your kids, the elections, in short anything that has nothing to do with My Dying Bride or metal, really.

Postby funestra » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:03 am

Aylin Black wrote:
The She-Wolf wrote:Sois le bienvenu, Fred!

ahahaha... this reminded me of Rollo's: "Je vous salue" and I'm giggling like an idiot for the past minute...

Oh... Any Vikings followers here?

hahaha yes!
I follow Vikings too :p
funestraUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby DarkLink » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:15 pm

funestra wrote:Hi there!

I'm Fred, 35 years old, from France

about my hobbies, I'm a musician (guitars, bass, vocals, drums little bit)

I sang in Inborn Suffering (doom / death) from 2004 to 2006 with whom I recorded the first demo and "wordless hope" album in 2005.
https://youtu.be/qAafTMv22JI

I also did the vocals in Drowning (death metal) from 2004 to 2007
https://youtu.be/ttk48g_Aw4I
then, I played bass & backing vocals in Marthyr black metal) from 2008 to 2013
https://youtu.be/KvZtLkjk_Ys

So now, I'm back in the doom family with my band Lying Figures since july 2014
https://youtu.be/Utv-QulBrwc

I saw My Dying Bride for the first time in 2005 at FuryFest (LeMans, France)
I discover My Dying Bride, in 96 with "Angel & dark river", in the same time than many metal bands.

Hard to say what is my favorite song or album, but I can say I prefere the old ones until "The light at the end of the world"

Voilà ;)

I think I talked to you in 2005 in Le Mans ! Au plaisir de te lire.
Whispering my given name.
Unfurls the fingers of flame.
Nameless sons and daughters of sin.
Step forward when you hear the bells ring.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby funestra » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:47 am

really? haha cool ^^
funestraUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Legend » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:09 pm

Greetings from across the pond!

I'm a 50-something woman living in a little village in New England. I've loved anything dark and gloomy almost since I can remember, but I only just discovered My Dying Bride back in October! Apparently, I haven't been paying attention. :?

I'm enjoying myself tremendously playing catch-up through MDB's back catalog.

I enjoy scary movies, music, books, motorcycles, and kayaking.

Edited to add: My favorite MDB album is Turn Loose the Swans (probably because it's the first one I ever heard, and you never forget your first).
Last edited by Legend on Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Dead Travel Fast." Bram Stoker, Dracula's Guest
LegendUser avatar
Novice
Novice

Postby joker1961 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:36 am

well hello its great to be here I`m a 54 yrs old Lonny tunes. dig doom, metal, punk, blues, soul, classical just about any format of music, sci-fi, horror movies, Addams family , the musters, reading, poets, progressive rock, gigs, walking, oh you`ll get to now more through our chats....

fellow dark lords of the underworld...hell on earth.
joker1961User avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Soren » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:58 pm

Name: Soren

Hobbies: Music (musician), readings, festivals and concerts

Favourite Bands: Rammstein (DE), Amenra (BE), My Dying Bride (UK), Year of no light (FR),...

Favourite Music: Metal (mostly Doom, industrial, progessive, sludge, drone, post-), Rock (especially post-rock), ambient, classic

Favourite My dying bride Album: I have every single one of them.. Songs of Darkness, words of light is my number 1, 34,788% Complete is however a genious album!

Favourite My dying bride Song: First time I saw them live was 2004, Graspop Metal Meeting, i was 11 years old, first song of the set was Cry Of Mankind, it's still a killer, She is the dark, Catherine's Blake, The Blue Lotus and A Doomed lover... a well, every song has something genious in it.

Best My dying bride Concert : I saw them 3 times (4th is coming up next friday, in TRIX, Antwerp (Belgium)), every single one of them was magical !
" Make this day, like the night
Songs of darkness, and words of light
"
Soren
Novice
Novice

Postby Rigidhandsomepoet » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:49 pm

Hi All, here's my introduction...

Name: Nick

Hobbies: Collecting and studying ancient Greek pottery (I'm half-Greek, half-English, so it's a cultural thing, really), horticulture, music, good wine :) and now... trying to revive this forum! Come on guys, if we all try to post as often as we can it really can't be THAT hard, can it?

Favourite Artists: Dead Can Dance and Kate Bush are probably my overall favourites, I also love Swans, Cocteau Twins, Artesia, Dark Sanctuary, Aenima, The Changelings, Autumn's Grey Solace, Daemonia Nymphe, Dargaard, Estampie, Vas, Stellamara, sToa, Trobar De Morte, Love Is Colder Than Death and many, many more (yes, I'm definitely going through a bit of a Neoclassical Darkwave phase at the moment, haha!)

As for metal, I regularly listen to Tool, early Anathema, Type O Negative, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Cathedral, Bathory and of course My Dying Bride. Also more Doom, Black, Thrash, Death metal plus lots of Classical, Neofolk, Industrial, Punk, Grunge, Folk, World, Ambient and something from pretty much every music genre out there.

I've never seen MDB live and I find it IMPOSSIBLE to choose a favourite song, so I'm going to cheat and go for "TLTS" in its entirety. What a masterpiece, I bought it as soon as it was released and still listen to it at least once a fortnight!
RigidhandsomepoetUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Abed » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Welcome Amigoooooooooooooooos! :beerchug:
We live and die without hope
AbedUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby LiberX » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:04 pm

Hi, what a revelation. All these years I thought I was the only person listening to MDB! No, really I mean it.
I'm late 50's, married, play bass & banjo, live just outside North London, full of woe & misery.
I got into MDB back in the days when 'The Dreadful Hours' was released, my word that was like 15 years ago. Never seen them live, last gig I attended was in 2000 (Cradle of Filth), was the oldest person there, thought 'never again', I am now on a mission to see MDB before I reach 60 !
Been into Rock/Metal/Thrash/Doom etc. since 1975, what a journey. These days I'm more particular about what I listen too & MDB have always been at the forefront.
What is it about MDB that keeps me playing them? Artistry, energy, talent, composition, English, lyrics I can understand (listen up Behemoth & Others).
It's a woeful pleasure to be here.
LiberX
Novice
Novice

Postby Anctemarry » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:38 am

Hello everyone. Happy to be a part of this group. Thanks for the warm welcome.
Anctemarry
Novice
Novice

Postby Melkoroth » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:56 pm

Hello everyone.
I listened to MDB for quite some time but just now i have got really into them and i also found this forum. I thought it would be nice to introduce myself to you a little. Name: Peter
Hobbies: Guitar, Music, Videogames, Movies, Working out (when im not lazy), Art(Drawing, Digital)
Favorite Bands: My Dying Bride, Blind Guardian, Nightwish, Cradle of Filth, Burzum, Satyricon, Amon Amarth, Cannibal Corpse, Darkthrone
Favorite MDB Albums: A Map of All Our Failures, Turn Loose the Swans
Favourite My Dying Bride Songs: Songless Bird, Black God :violin: , Like a Perpetual Funeral, The Crown of Sympathy (many more and i still haven't heard many of their albums/LPs)
MelkorothUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby DutchDarkness » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi MDB and fans.

I am Alex from Vlaardingen, have been reading these boards for quite a bit and therefor i decided to join.
Have been a huge fan of the band since the Angel And The Dark River/Like Gods Of The Sun era.

Apart from MDB i like alot of death/black/doom/gothic and a bit of symphonic metal.

Want to know more about me, feel free to ask.
Cheers :beerchug: :headbang:
I rose in purest winter. The ripped canvas of the dark sky.
Fierce I go into the night. As rain runs upon me,
My poisoned shell becomes alight.
DutchDarknessUser avatar
Novice
Novice

Postby fiora » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:39 pm

Hello everyone!
I am a new person. Very happy to join this forum. Looking forward to receiving the help of everyone.
Thank you everyone for reading!
fiora
Novice
Novice

Postby Lycaon » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:53 pm

A very belated welcome, DutchDarkness and fiora!
"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
LycaonUser avatar

Previous

Return to General Chat