My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

Introduce yourself!

Discuss the weather, your parents, your kids, the elections, in short anything that has nothing to do with My Dying Bride or metal, really.

Postby Sympathy » Sun May 13, 2007 8:41 pm

Name: Aida

Hobbies: Medicine,Drums

Favourite Bands: My Dying Bride,Lake Of Tears,Therion,Iron Maiden,Vintersorg,Moonsorrow

Favourite Music: Doom,Black,Viking

Favourite My dying bride Album: The Angel And The Dark River,Like Gods Of The Sun

Favourite My dying bride Song: Oh that's hard...Crown Of Sympathy,Two Winters Only,The Night He Died,Here In The Throat,A Sea To Suffer In and many many more...

Best My dying bride Concert : It will be at Artmania,Sibiu :twisted: :headbang:
I'm the one who laughs for last and laughs forever more!
Sympathy
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Aylin Black » Sun May 13, 2007 8:43 pm

Hello Aida... do we know each other?

Hmmm... And I guess I should start counting the romanians here again, right?

You're number 6, I think... keep that in mind
~Lily
Being The Cunt of Darkness since October 2006.

"I am an Anne Rice novel came to life"

MDB tribute project: email torturetonal@gmail.com
Aylin BlackUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Sympathy » Sun May 13, 2007 8:46 pm

6...the number of the beast :twisted:
and yes,we quite know each other...i have you in my mess list...I'm forsaken_symphony.rings a bell? :wink:
Sympathy
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Aylin Black » Sun May 13, 2007 8:51 pm

OH! Yes... hehe... we bump into each other AGAIN
~Lily
Being The Cunt of Darkness since October 2006.

"I am an Anne Rice novel came to life"

MDB tribute project: email torturetonal@gmail.com
Aylin BlackUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Forlock » Mon May 14, 2007 1:11 pm

Name: Kirill
Hobbies: music, music, music, alcohol
Favourite Bands: my dying bride, Opeth, Meshuggah, Shape Of Despair, Katatonia, Cult Of Luna
Favourite Music:Doom Metal, Death Metal, Progressive, Sludge, Artcore
Favourite My dying bride Album: The last one))
Favourite My dying bride Song: She Is The Dark
Best My dying bride Concert : wasn't(((( :(
Forlock

Postby Iceddawn » Mon May 14, 2007 3:02 pm

Hello Everyone!

Name: Peter
Hobbies: music, reading books, playing World of Warcraft, hanging with friends
Favourite bands: well, there are a lot, so just some examples : My Dying Bride, Emperor, Swallow the Sun, Naglfar, Evoken, Sear Bliss, Ahab, Nile, Morbid Angel, Christian Epidemic etc.
Favourite Music: Metal, mostly doom, funeral doom, black and death metal
Favourite MDB album: The Angel and the Dark River
Favourite MDB song: Two Winters Only
Best MDB concert: Well i saw MDB on the stage 3 times (twice at Sziget Festival, and once at Metalmania this year) and i have to say all of those concerts were amazing, so i can't choose
IceddawnUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Sympathy » Mon May 14, 2007 3:03 pm

Hello neighbour :)
Sympathy
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Larth » Tue May 15, 2007 12:57 am

I'm Lars, am almost 28 years old, married and I hang around in norway (originally from germany). I try to make a living as an artist, so I paint all day long in my atelier (slowly going nuts but I love this shit). Hobbies are guitar, drums, basketball, internet and all kinds of computer programs like Photoshop. I like all kinds of honest inspired music but mainly I'm into doom/gothic metal.
I live pretty much according to "what you give is what you get" because I think it's pretty true.

I'm open to all kinds of topics but am pretty allergic to discussions about religion because many people around me talk about that stuff all the fucking time.. :evil:
Larth

Postby >>UniBr0w<< » Tue May 15, 2007 2:57 am

Name: Eamonn

Hobbies: Reading, gigging, playing/listening to music, art, films

Favourite Bands: MDB, Iron Maiden, Mastodon, Rush, Cathedral, Type O Negative, Sabbath, Dio, The Doors, Mael Mórdha.

Favourite Music: Doom, Progressive Rock, Heavy Metal, Classic/Hard Rock

Favourite MDB: The Dreadful Hours

Favourite MDB Song: Hard... Here's four off the top of my head: The Deepest of All Hearts - Black Voyage - The Return of the Beautiful - The Blood, the Wine, the Roses.

Best MDB Concert : Saw two. Dublin a few years back, and the last London show in the Astoria.
I wasn't too familiar with the band at the first but it totally captivated me. I'm going to go with the second show though. It was wonderful to see the band after I'd fallen in love with them - and they played such a yummy set. Also was my favourite trip to London, and there have been a few :)
Two Cats

People of the Monolith:
MySpace - Facebook - Last.fm

God Destroyer wrote:you want to tell us that MDB is a SATANIC, ANTI-CHRIST BAND?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>UniBr0w<<User avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby >>UniBr0w<< » Tue May 15, 2007 4:51 am

Azz wrote: the honorary 1st place: Jeff Waynes The War of the Worlds.

Best album EVER! :beerchug:
Two Cats

People of the Monolith:

God Destroyer wrote:you want to tell us that MDB is a SATANIC, ANTI-CHRIST BAND?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>UniBr0w<<User avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Magick » Tue May 15, 2007 2:16 pm

Hell yeah... I see a lot of faces from hungary, and that makes me happy :) . I'm from serbia, but i'm hungarian...

Anyway,

Name: Gábor

Hobbies: Music, drums...

Favourite Bands: hmm... hard to say, cause I never (almost never) get stuck on 1 release... My current listen is Confessors' Unraveled from 2005, and Janis Joplins Cheap Thrills album and Deftones White Pony album. And then there are the classics, which I won't even start :)

Favourite Music: Metal, neoclassical, blues and !good! music

Favourite My Dying Bride Album: Turn Loose The Swans

Favourite My Dying Bride Song: Hehe funny...

Best My Dying Bride Concert: None for now, but I'm hopeing (really hopeing) they will come to the EXIT festival... There was a talk, that they will. So if the mdb members are reading this, than COME!!! PLEASE. :)
Magick

Postby Les Ténèbres » Tue May 15, 2007 3:27 pm

-
Last edited by Les Ténèbres on Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Les TénèbresUser avatar

Postby Azz » Tue May 15, 2007 10:07 pm

>>UniBr0w<< wrote:

:o Another human being knowing about this! A shock! Indeed it's a masterpiece even after 30years. Good luck my dad(can't wait to see him go to work with my Iron Maiden T - he's 50y/o) has good tastes in music otherwise I wouldn't have ever listened to this! So far you're the 3rd person I know who has heard about this creation (apart from me and my dad)!
Kudos Unibrow!! :beerchug:

Indifference breeds indifference.
AzzUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby MySanityDoesFly » Tue May 15, 2007 10:27 pm

A lot of you know me already, but for anyone who doesn't I may as well post!

Name: Matt
Hobbies: Listening to music, playing music on various instruments (mainly guitar), tabbing, reading, writing, drawing, photography, walking.
Favourite Bands: My Dying Bride, Iron Maiden, Manic Street Preachers, Black Sabbath, Celtic Frost, Alice In Chains, Type O Negative, plus just about any other doom metal.
Favourite Music: All metal except 'hair' and 'Nu', mot forms of rock, also some electronica, blues, jazz, classical (Baroque, Romantic and 20th century eras) and even a bit of hip hop.
Favourite My dying bride Album: Songs Of Darkness, Words Of Light at the moment. I'm not sure what my answer would be next week.
Favourite My dying bride Song: The Sexuality Of Bereavement really does it for me, as you already have guessed. Then there's The Cry Of Mankind, The Dreadful Hours, The Crown Of Sympathy, A Doomed Lover, The Thrash Of Naked Limbs, Base Level Erotica...the list goes on.
Best My dying bride Concert : The only one I've been to - Bradford in 2005! It was magical, and just in case any band members read this, thank you!!!
MySanityDoesFlyUser avatar
Ancient Doomster
Ancient Doomster

Postby >>UniBr0w<< » Wed May 16, 2007 1:50 pm

Azz wrote:
>>UniBr0w<< wrote:

:o Another human being knowing about this! A shock! Indeed it's a masterpiece even after 30years. Good luck my dad(can't wait to see him go to work with my Iron Maiden T - he's 50y/o) has good tastes in music otherwise I wouldn't have ever listened to this! So far you're the 3rd person I know who has heard about this creation (apart from me and my dad)!
Kudos Unibrow!! :beerchug:

:beerchug:

T'was my mom that introduced me when I was little (we have very little in common in music taste otherwise). It's actually quite popular in Ireland and the UK. I managed to catch the Dublin show whent they toured for the first time in 2006. The stage show is spectacular! Giant Tripod and all. Did you see the DVD?

Also I must say it was the most diverse audience I've ever seen. Older rockers (in Maiden shirts), younger metal-heads, typical casually dressed families, and even people dressed as if for the opera. It was really nice to see it had touched so many different people :)
Two Cats

People of the Monolith:

>>UniBr0w<<User avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat