My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

The day we die

Discuss the weather, your parents, your kids, the elections, in short anything that has nothing to do with My Dying Bride or metal, really.

Postby Aylin Black » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:57 am

I've been away these past couple of days. I want to share with you guys why.

Friday. Bucharest. A Romanian metal-band was launching their new album: "Mantras of War". The band: Goodbye to Gravity. 300+ people in the club. An old factory. The band used some pyrotechnics indoors. A fire spread in 30 seconds.

30 people have died. 180 injured. Kids. Young adults... most my age. Metal veterans. Dead. Injured. In hospitals. Burns.

I wasn't there. I was home. But I knew people there. We all know each other from concerts. When you attend concerts for over 10 years you're familiar with some faces. MDB fans, some of them.

Romania is in national mourning. Bands all over the world have presented their condolences. many played in that hall. Many paid their respects: Saturnus, Anathema, Moonspell, Agathodaimon, Negura Bunget, Bucovina, Kamelot and many more.

This is Adrian Rugina. One of the most high ranked sound technicians. He got out alive. What did he do? Went back in. To save others. Saved 5 lives and then... didn't come out. 30 dead. Another 2-3 died because they saved a friend.

We are united. We donated blood for them. Money.

We don't need anything. Just look at this man. Drink a pint for him. Adrian Rugina. Rest in peace. Sometimes heroes look different than you expect.

Think of him and the other brother and sisters which died. In a Friday night. At a metal concert. Romania is in mourning.
~Lily
Being The Cunt of Darkness since October 2006.

"I am an Anne Rice novel came to life"

MDB tribute project: email torturetonal@gmail.com
Aylin BlackUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby DarkFlyer » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:46 pm

Why highly flammable polyurethane foam was used for dampening sound waves? Something hardly flammable should have been used instead. :shock: Sad for all people who died. :( If a hardly flammable dampening material was used there won't be so many dead and injured people. :shock:
Last edited by DarkFlyer on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkFlyer
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Aylin Black » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:55 pm

Yes. You are right. The owners of the venue chose the cheapest solution.
~Lily

Aylin BlackUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby muskurov » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:07 pm

it's nice to hear you're okay Aylin, but what an unbelievably senseless and very avoidable tragedy :(

There are still shitty venues where I don't want to go even in Berlin and I would guess about everywhere. My thoughts and hopes are still with the more than 180 injured people. You mentioned donating money, is there a website for that?
muskurovUser avatar

Postby Aylin Black » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:30 pm

The community raised money through a single man and a foundation but they don't have a site as everything was done though fb and everything is in Romanian. We trust him as he works as a body-guard at all big metal gigs. MDB know him. Andrei Irode. We did everything though him.

But another very reliable foundation is The Red Cross, of course. Many donated through them as well.

http://www.crucearosie.ro/donatii/donatii-online/campania-noua-ne-pasa.html

This is the exact page. Noua ne pasa - translates to: We care.

Thank you if you are considering helping out.

Update on the situation:
- 31 dead at the moment. One more lost the battle... and he is so injured they don't even know who he is. They can't tell. Still unidentified. It could have been any of us. He is all of us.

- Adrian Rugina and Claudiu Petre (two people who saved others but died themselves) were decorated by the President post-mortem for their actions. We thank him. His gesture was a bitter caress but we'll take even take at this point. His staff takes time to reply to our messages. I dare say he is close to us. It's a start but we want justice.

- The third day of national mourning is over. Clubs are shutting down. They are re-thinking all their structures. Biggest metal club in Romania is shut down to take more precautions. They don't fear the authorities. It's not about that. It's much bigger than that. It's not about money but the fact that they all lost friends. They don't have clients at their concerts. They have friends. It's a weird feeling of admitting you're wrong but desperately wanting to do good.

Thank you for listening to me. I'm telling you these stories because my gran had a saying: "when we stop talking about our dead is the day they die"...
~Lily

Aylin BlackUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Didescu » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:54 pm

Romanian Prime Minister Victor Ponta has resigned, a day after some 20,000 people took to the streets to protest over a nightclub fire that left 32 people dead.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34720183
DidescuUser avatar
Novice
Novice

Postby justinjcruz » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:20 am

Your life happens in a day. The only thing that really exists in a life is a day. If you aren’t present, you’re already half dead. There are no cumulative moments, there are only details, there are only days. And we waste most of them. Waste most of them buying clothes for another day, working toward goals that we never fully realize. Everything is a means to an elusive and untouchable end, everything is to make a plan for things that will inevitably be rocked off course anyway.
justinjcruz
Novice
Novice

Return to General Chat