My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

OBSESSION

Discuss the weather, your parents, your kids, the elections, in short anything that has nothing to do with My Dying Bride or metal, really.

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:01 pm

Oh dear! :|
No worries! You're going to understand what I mean when I say I give new definitions to the word "absent-mindedness"! Trust me, a little time and you wont be suprised if you'd hear me asking either of you:
" By the way, ever heared of this doom metal band My Dying Bride?".
muskurov wrote:
MySanityDoesFly wrote:Let Jesus fuck you! Haha. God should definitely let me fuck him.

MySanityDoesFly wrote:muskurov is my new god :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I don't like this :!:
Mammon Iaho DumahUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Danhod » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Shewolf: Some interesting E-Books here if u r interested

http://www.elektron-ebooks.com/ebook-fi ... index.html

Some are from Creation Books
As Real As Rainbows
DanhodUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby The She-Wolf » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:41 pm

Danhod wrote:Shewolf: Some interesting E-Books here if u r interested

http://www.elektron-ebooks.com/ebook-fi ... index.html

Some are from Creation Books

Thanks, I don't know if they're the style I like, though, I'd have to read them. But some look interesting.
"Se te é impossível viver só, nasceste escravo"
The She-WolfUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:52 pm

I think it's just about time: I admit! I think I might have been obsessed with this very topic! We, the three of us carved this little topic out of nothing, and through our mutualities we've made it grow to four pages. It tought us how like-minded and simmilar people of different backgrounds and whereabouts might be in their tastes...
But nowadays, I see her gradually wither and fade, falling to the bottom of the topics list like salts setting in a solution... I thought she meant more than this to me than to just let her evanescent... I thought I'd give her a push for I'm obssesed with this topic.
PLEASE! Help keep her alive!
muskurov wrote:
MySanityDoesFly wrote:Let Jesus fuck you! Haha. God should definitely let me fuck him.

MySanityDoesFly wrote:muskurov is my new god :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby The She-Wolf » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:55 am

So topic (her) is feminine in English language; in Portuguese it is masculine :)

So Mammon, you yourself can help keep this topic alive by speaking about your very obsessions. I'm sure there's more to it than just coffee and tobbacco... or have you mentioned anything else? I'm sorry but right now I'm feeling too lazy to read all four pages of this topic (and I also have other things to do). You seem like a very obsession prone person to me...
The She-WolfUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:25 pm

The She-Wolf wrote:So topic (her) is feminine in English language; in Portuguese it is masculine :)

Much the better! You can love HIM and I can flirt with HER!

The She-Wolf wrote:So Mammon, you yourself can help keep this topic alive by speaking about your very obsessions. I'm sure there's more to it than just coffee and tobbacco... or have you mentioned anything else? I'm sorry but right now I'm feeling too lazy to read all four pages of this topic (and I also have other things to do). You seem like a very obsession prone person to me...

Right now, it's my hair!
Sometimes it is my nails, keeping them manicured, doing them different styles, and talking about them until everyone else gets bored!

This big, psychotic, semi-erotic artwork I've been working on for a month or so.

Enumerating everything begining with zero;

This mother nature's meisterwerk with her reddish-brown hair, full, ivory lips, tiny nose, rosy cheeks and pale skin, delicate hands, curvy eyelashes, and a SEXY DEPRESSION and LONELINESS... She is the dark!
And...
I KNOW this one is weird, but the nuclear arms race during cold war and its political and cultural impacts! It's a long story, but it's been there for more than four years!
muskurov wrote:

Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby The She-Wolf » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:31 am

Mammon Iaho Dumah wrote:
This big, psychotic, semi-erotic artwork I've been working on for a month or so.

This sounds interesting, I hope you post it when you finish. What kind of work is that?

Mammon Iaho Dumah wrote:
This mother nature's meisterwerk with her reddish-brown hair, full, ivory lips, tiny nose, rosy cheeks and pale skin, delicate hands, curvy eyelashes, and a SEXY DEPRESSION and LONELINESS... She is the dark!

Is she a public figure or anyone we may know about? What is it about her that so fascinates you?

Mammon Iaho Dumah wrote: And...
I KNOW this one is weird, but the nuclear arms race during cold war and its political and cultural impacts! It's a long story, but it's been there for more than four years!

That topic got many obsessed during the 80's.
Well, I'd bet there's also an obsession about benzodiazepines or some other drugs, am I right?

To others who may be osessed about something/someone, please share your obsessions. I don't want to be alone in my (big) obsession(s). :)
The She-WolfUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Danhod » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:30 pm

Hahaha

Looking forward to seeing the artwork!

An interest, growing into an obsession of mine is ... Incence!
As Real As Rainbows
DanhodUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:42 pm

Oh... Shouldn't have mentioned that many of my obssesions; for -- apart from the hair part -- each one has a rich, long story.
About the girl, or spectre, or vampiress I rather say, No, she's a classmate... Or the Death herself... The sweetest melancholy and unspoiled and yet as tempting as the fruit of the forbidden tree, but not a celebrity! :roll:
About the Arms Race part... Well, I'm not a child of that era, and many of those people who are, just aren't living in that air anymore. Perhaps they never were. But for me it started five years ago. We had this research methods and principles class in highschool, and at the end of the semster we were supposed to be writing a research article about a significant topic. I started with writing about cold war, but then I narrowed it down to nuclear arms race during it! I gathered, or ATE UP, I rather say, hundereds of pages of information about every aspect of it one might imagine, it became a part of me! I used hardly 5 per-cent of my knowledge in my actual project!
I gave the oral presentation, and the paper, and it was fine...
But the obsession never left me! I still find myself deploring the subject, reading more and more articles about it, gathering analytic dada, watching all those old civil defese videos, and still trying to come up with a first-strike winning strategy for either of the parties.
I haven't lived in the era, but I did, and sometimes do live the atmosphere.
This topic reminded me of the whole thing again, and I ended up watching Threads again last night.
muskurov wrote:

Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:58 pm

Oh! And I'd like to thank both of you for your comments about my artwork... It's a LONG way from being "done", as it consists of hundreds of separate pieces of rather delicate size gathered together in a rather huge background... The four walls of a room!
I would love to write about it more, but both my eyes and my hands hurt with the HELLISH amound of typing today! :(

@ The She-Wolf: No! Benzodiasepines are not my obsession, but merely an addiction ; i.e., chemical dependency! :D

@ Danhod: you mean those things like those oriental candle-like sticks which let out an exotic aroma when you burn them (and whose name I'd forgotten) :?:
muskurov wrote:

Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby The She-Wolf » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:26 pm

@Mammon: Your obsession for your classmate sounds interesting to me. Is it just becuase you find her very attractive or is there other reason(s)? What is it that sets her apart from the rest? Can you word it?

@danhod: There was a time when I used to burn a lot of incence but it never turned into an obsession. And now I wanted to burn some incence and found I have none at home :lol:
The She-WolfUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby rlk222 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:54 pm

"Topic" is not feminine in English, however, at least in America, we males tend to refer to nouns such as our cars, computers, and other cherished objects in the feminine, because we cherish females. =) That's interesting to me, at least to think about.
"It is my sins that you deplore
Count them fair,
For I have more."
rlk222User avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby rlk222 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:02 am

I, also, am dependent on Benzos. It is the only way I can sleep, sadly. My mind is most active at night, during the day I am generally in a malaise. I funtioned perfectly fine without drugs or alcohol for years, but when I discovered I could sleep, it was a hobby that soon turned into a permanent prescription-crutch. Just happened to see that whilst skimming your "topic." I used to have an obsession for opiates, who dosen't enjoy synthetic euphoria? But, two addictions and I was beginning to feel like Elric in a Michael Moorcock novel, my life-force and all my energy and ability to function dependent on chemicals. So, I kept with the sleep, and tried to learn to manufacture my own brief bouts of euphoria and good-moods, fleeting as they may be =)
"It is my sins that you deplore
Count them fair,
For I have more."
rlk222User avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Danhod » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:47 am

@ Mammon - Yes those, this:

http://cosmicunicorn.co.uk/images/elois ... _IXA52.jpg

And the cones too...

The She-Wolf wrote:@danhod: There was a time when I used to burn a lot of incence but it never turned into an obsession. And now I wanted to burn some incence and found I have none at home :lol:

Very sorry to hear that lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310222988541? ... 026wt_1037

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230456858412? ... 513wt_1037

Buy buy buy!

I enjoy swirling them in the air and being all mystical 8) :lol:

rlk222 wrote:My mind is most active at night, during the day I am generally in a malaise.

I'm also a nightchild, or an owl :beerchug:
As Real As Rainbows
DanhodUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby The She-Wolf » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:20 am

It's 6:16 am here and I still haven't gone to bed.

I turned into this night creature when I was writing my PhD thesis (and that's when I started getting into MDB, too :)
BTW, I'm listening to A Kiss To Remember, one of my faves.
The She-WolfUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat