My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

OBSESSION

Discuss the weather, your parents, your kids, the elections, in short anything that has nothing to do with My Dying Bride or metal, really.

Postby Client » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:39 pm

muskurov wrote:Lately I'm into chess. Anyone playing?

Hey man, keep me company, I like to play chess sometimes. Although it has already been liek half a year when I last played. How about chess.com?
ClientUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby The She-Wolf » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:53 pm

Mammon Iaho Dumah wrote:I used to be into Thermodynamics and fluid mechanics as a teen-ager! I wanted to be a physicist and that was what got me into reading mathematics! And then I found that I love mathematics a million times more... I is my major obsession now!
And rlk222, I totally agree with your point about chemically enhancing (!) yourself! I personally see no point in living in a world where there is...
No nicotine...
No benzodiazepines...
No alcohol...
No inhalants...
No coffeine...

WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT of listening to music withat being a little bit high on something?!

... You forgot sex...

As for me, as I don't either smoke, drink, take benzodiazepines or do drugs, there's only caffeine and sex left :)

I'm naturally resistant to sleeping drugs, and even more so if I'm under stress. There was a time in my life in which I couldn't sleep (and that was terrible because it had never happened to me), then I started taking benzodiazepines and a quantity that got my mother fell asleep as if she was anaesthetised (in my mother's own words, and she takes those pills every day), had no effect on me.
"Se te é impossível viver só, nasceste escravo"
The She-WolfUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Client » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:27 pm

The She-Wolf wrote:
Mammon Iaho Dumah wrote:I used to be into Thermodynamics and fluid mechanics as a teen-ager! I wanted to be a physicist and that was what got me into reading mathematics! And then I found that I love mathematics a million times more... I is my major obsession now!
And rlk222, I totally agree with your point about chemically enhancing (!) yourself! I personally see no point in living in a world where there is...
No nicotine...
No benzodiazepines...
No alcohol...
No inhalants...
No coffeine...

WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT of listening to music withat being a little bit high on something?!

... You forgot sex...

As for me, as I don't either smoke, drink, take benzodiazepines or do drugs, there's only caffeine and sex left :)

I'm naturally resistant to sleeping drugs, and even more so if I'm under stress. There was a time in my life in which I couldn't sleep (and that was terrible because it had never happened to me), then I started taking benzodiazepines and a quantity that got my mother fell asleep as if she was anaesthetised (in my mother's own words, and she takes those pills every day), had no effect on me.

Music alone can compensate all these things. It has stronger effect than even drugs :) A little bit of beer won't be excessive as well...
ClientUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby rlk222 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:33 pm

I'm glad I'm not immune to tranquilizers or I'd be a zombie and insane from never sleeping. Haha. Wait, I'm already insane.....well, at least I'm well-rested and insane. Chess is awesome, back in my youth when I partied a lot, we used to play chess for shots of whiskey, when you lost a piece, you drank a shot of Jim Beam or Jack Daniels. Made for interesting chess matches. Have not played for nearly ten years, though.
"It is my sins that you deplore
Count them fair,
For I have more."
rlk222User avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Client » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:12 pm

rlk222 wrote:I'm glad I'm not immune to tranquilizers or I'd be a zombie and insane from never sleeping. Haha. Wait, I'm already insane.....well, at least I'm well-rested and insane. Chess is awesome, back in my youth when I partied a lot, we used to play chess for shots of whiskey, when you lost a piece, you drank a shot of Jim Beam or Jack Daniels. Made for interesting chess matches. Have not played for nearly ten years, though.

:lol: I bet that those were intrigueing chess sets.
ClientUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:50 pm

@ The She-Wolf: OF COURSE! How can ANYONE forget about sex! :O Well, try to be under influence of something while having sex, and it is recommended to make sure your partner is under influence, too! Makes things a lot easier and you wouldn't mind physical defects of your partner like when you're sober!
In fact, I lost my virginity when I was 15 AND under influence of strong home-made vodka! :violin:
Oh, those good ol', carefree days!

I used to be a lot into chess as a kid, and I could beat almost everyone, but at my teen ages it was replaced by poker, and now it is replaced by staring at the ceiling.

Oh, and don't speak bad of the dizziness you feel at the mornings while on benzodiazepines! That's just the sweetest part of it! :twisted: (plus your widened pupils which makes you feel sensitive to sunlight like a vampyre)!
muskurov wrote:
MySanityDoesFly wrote:Let Jesus fuck you! Haha. God should definitely let me fuck him.

MySanityDoesFly wrote:muskurov is my new god :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I don't like this :!:
Mammon Iaho DumahUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby rlk222 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:06 pm

the eye doctor told me that I have naturally double-sized pupils. I get lots of headaches, but my eyes look cool and evil up close. I guess it's a fair trade.
Count them fair,
For I have more."
rlk222User avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Danhod » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:48 am

I've always been fascinated by the universe, but it is not the career I chose, I'm working towards becoming a Police Detective, possibly 4-8 years away from now though!

The thought that the universe will be nothing but evenly dispersed, non-moving energy for eternity is distressing, but in a strange way comforting - the ultimate serenity... Though there could be other universes outside our own which may collide or merge into ours after this?
As Real As Rainbows
DanhodUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby myhna » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:57 am

has anyone of you ever tried to play Go? I had a good start, but now I have nobody to play...
‎"Know what's weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everythings's different." -Bill Watterson

Jedes Bild ist wie ein Messer ein Gebrauchsgegenstand
und lesen meint hier denken mit anderm Verstand
myhnaUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Danhod » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:18 am

myhna wrote:has anyone of you ever tried to play Go? I had a good start, but now I have nobody to play...

Whats Go?
As Real As Rainbows
DanhodUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby rlk222 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:21 am

A Japanese game strategy game likened to battles, played on a board with pieces.
Count them fair,
For I have more."
rlk222User avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby myhna » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:36 am

Danhod wrote:
myhna wrote:has anyone of you ever tried to play Go? I had a good start, but now I have nobody to play...

Whats Go?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game)
‎"Know what's weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everythings's different." -Bill Watterson

Jedes Bild ist wie ein Messer ein Gebrauchsgegenstand
und lesen meint hier denken mit anderm Verstand
myhnaUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby muskurov » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:48 am

@Client would be a pleasure, sir http://www.chess.com/members/view/muskurov

@myhna Go is a strange and fun game. I was very sceptical when friend of mine gifted me stones and a board.
The rules are pretty simple, but the variations are so many that it's even difficult for a modern computer to play against
a strong Go player. I'm still a beginner, so I prefer playing with someone in person (maybe over a drink ;)).
on then Internet or against a machine is quite boring.
muskurovUser avatar

Postby rlk222 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:45 pm

You have to drink warm Sake from little Japanese cups whilst playing go or it loses half it's fun. Hmm...maybe that's why I suck though and can never remember how to play...
Count them fair,
For I have more."
rlk222User avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Client » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:52 pm

muskurov wrote:@Client would be a pleasure, sir http://www.chess.com/members/view/muskurov

Let the duel begin...
ClientUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat