My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

OBSESSION

Discuss the weather, your parents, your kids, the elections, in short anything that has nothing to do with My Dying Bride or metal, really.

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:17 pm

Danhod wrote:I've always been fascinated by the universe, but it is not the career I chose, I'm working towards becoming a Police Detective, possibly 4-8 years away from now though!

The thought that the universe will be nothing but evenly dispersed, non-moving energy for eternity is distressing, but in a strange way comforting - the ultimate serenity... Though there could be other universes outside our own which may collide or merge into ours after this?

Wow! Cool career! Just don't end up showing up drunk at the crime scene! :|
muskurov wrote:
MySanityDoesFly wrote:Let Jesus fuck you! Haha. God should definitely let me fuck him.

MySanityDoesFly wrote:muskurov is my new god :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I don't like this :!:
Mammon Iaho DumahUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Danhod » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:30 pm

Mammon Iaho Dumah wrote:
Danhod wrote:I've always been fascinated by the universe, but it is not the career I chose, I'm working towards becoming a Police Detective, possibly 4-8 years away from now though!

The thought that the universe will be nothing but evenly dispersed, non-moving energy for eternity is distressing, but in a strange way comforting - the ultimate serenity... Though there could be other universes outside our own which may collide or merge into ours after this?

Wow! Cool career! Just don't end up showing up drunk at the crime scene! :|

I'll probably be the crime scene haha

It's an increasingly difficult job, especially when courts demand you produce pristine, undoubtable evidence that fits certain criterias
As Real As Rainbows
DanhodUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby rlk222 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:07 am

This is an "obsession" of sorts, of mine. It's pretty much a ritual. I have to take random tranqulzing medications, smoke five cigarettes, while laying down in bed, ashtray on my chest, and listen to Doom Metal on my Win-Amp playlist every night, and burn a scented candle in order to fall asleep.
Attachments
Me In Bed Smoking.2.jpg
(54.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
"It is my sins that you deplore
Count them fair,
For I have more."
rlk222User avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby muskurov » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:21 am

nice one. what do you do when you're not at home?
muskurovUser avatar

Postby rlk222 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:24 am

If I'm not sleeping at home, it usually means I'm with a lady friend sleeping, and I'm plenty 'tired' to pass out anyhow, so no big deal! Haha.
"It is my sins that you deplore
Count them fair,
For I have more."
rlk222User avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Danhod wrote:
I'll probably be the crime scene haha

:D Then I do hope they don't make you investigate yourself! Self-reference has always proven deadly!
muskurov wrote:
MySanityDoesFly wrote:Let Jesus fuck you! Haha. God should definitely let me fuck him.

MySanityDoesFly wrote:muskurov is my new god :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:30 am

Seems like I'm developing an unhealthy obsession with gas masks!
Also, the Burlington Bunker (aka STOCKWELL, TURNSTILE, etc.) is, apparently, up for sale, and I want to buy it so bad (as I've mentioned earlier, the nuclear arms race during the cold war has been an obsession of mine for years), but I'm a few million quids short.
muskurov wrote:

Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby The She-Wolf » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:26 pm

Mammon Iaho Dumah wrote:Seems like I'm developing an unhealthy obsession with gas masks!
Also, the Burlington Bunker (aka STOCKWELL, TURNSTILE, etc.) is, apparently, up for sale, and I want to buy it so bad (as I've mentioned earlier, the nuclear arms race during the cold war has been an obsession of mine for years), but I'm a few million quids short.

How do you view what's going on right now in North Korea?
"Se te é impossível viver só, nasceste escravo"
The She-WolfUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:06 pm

Now, I must admit that my knowledge of nuclear weapons and related strategies are limited to cold war, so it might be of little value here. But since North Korea itself, as a state, is a product of cold war, these topics seem to be rather related.
I personally think the development of nuclear weapons by both sides of the Iron Curtain, as well as that of effective means of deploying the aforementioned weapons, the so- called nuclear deterrent, was a significant factor in the cold war era crises not escalating into a "third world war", and is still a contributing factor in the relatively peaceful state of the world today.
But I percieve a significant risk in the so-called "third party" countries obtaining nuclear weapons; as these countries tend to have more potential of coming under rule of rougue leaders, capable of doing nearly anyting. Plus, they tend to have more lax nuclear access policies, which, makes obtaining nuclear devices and materials easier for, say, terrorists, I daresay.
muskurov wrote:

Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Regarding North Korea in particular, I tend to agree with most of the analysts, that it's just a blatant display of power, a bluff, aimed to lead the average N. Korean citizen into believing their new, and relatively young leader is a millitary genius and powerful leader.
But then, given the closed nature of the country, there is virtually no data related to its nuclear programme in public domain. So, basically, these go no further than guesswork.
Interestingly enough, no excess of radiation was reported to be remotely detectable from their 2009, and so far, 2013 tests, so given that they don't appear to be capable of containing radiation to such an efficient degree, and the fact that their first test was almost certainly a fizzle, there's an offchance that they're not even nuclearly armed, and the whole tests were just fake.
Also, oddly enough, in all three cases, the official estimates of yield given by the Russian government were massively higher than those given by all other sources!
muskurov wrote:

Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby firebird » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:45 pm

The most simple organisms leave me stunned, for example the just slightly higher than plants developed flatworms. Everything that has got less than two ore more than eight legs…a glass of dirty water is the greatest thing to me. If I´ve got any obsession it must be the little sleepwalkers I´m even dreaming of.
Life is a mouth only death can feed
(J.H. Fabre)
firebirdUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby The She-Wolf » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Mammon, have you ever tried Dorflex? Or even heard of it?
The She-WolfUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:45 am

Not until a minute ago when I googled it! :P
Why?!
muskurov wrote:

Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Abed » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:18 am

It is actually Settlement that has become my main obsession! And also the fear of losing it when achieved! The settlement I'm seeking isn't fat and vast at all. just a peaceful space for me to live in without the need to no one in order to establish settled sort of life including, rewarding job, very moderate accommodation in order to make a family! Since, I believe, settlement comes first in place in any family-making strategy.

And I totally believe that Settlement and Peace are identical twins. Therefore, one is not enough or sufficient to sustain, they both require each other. I can go hours and hours elaborating about my point of view in here.

The obsession is no doubt one of most of yours which is music. I cannot imagine a life without music. Apart of soul's spiritual requirements, nothing can feed it except music. I normally tend to listen music mostly all the time while I am doing anything, not only metal, just whatever authentic art that could be called music, from Folk, Orchestral & Symphonies to rock so simply any authenticity wherever it was from since it is the national language of the world.

Many strong interests too that may lie between my several obsessions and one is Space! not the universe since we barely knew very limited information about neighboring planets and moons so understanding the tremendous Solar System comes before understanding the space itself and once we reach to a certain point of vastness in understanding the Space we will be literally be lost in the magnificent universe and the beauty of its creation. But again, no matter how far scientists reached still some if every organ of Human Body could be justified as an independent Space that they are still fighting to find a clue about it and the whole body is a universe itself!
We live and die without hope
AbedUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby The She-Wolf » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:10 pm

The Universe and all that's related to it has always been an obsession for me or at least a very strong interest.

An obsession I fight is the tendency to collect stuff. A collector tries to put order in the world.
The She-WolfUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat