My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

Life, the universe and everything.

Discuss the weather, your parents, your kids, the elections, in short anything that has nothing to do with My Dying Bride or metal, really.

Postby Danhod » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Alzamora wrote:I find it funny that we are flying around space, on a spinning ball or dirt and water, around a giant ball of fire.

When you put it that way, it's an incredibly simple setup. Makes me wonder what other systems there are in the universe that are similar, a planet of metal revolving around a cube of ice somewhere? lol
As Real As Rainbows
DanhodUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Simona » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:18 pm

In 28-year life taught me that if you want to have continuity throughout your existence you must have two "weapons" (to call them that):guts in industrial quantities entering here: 1) acid speaking, 2) value as mock or irony(But to do all this you must know mocked, the person or make sure you "hold well on your feet")and finally the second "weapon" is respect and common sense to people that YOU FEEL THAT they deserve.
Aaron I'm an open book in your hands a book that you already know the content ...
SimonaUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby firebird » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:53 pm

respect and this common sense do only help others, so what you need in fact is that everbody else has more of this so you can profit from it without loosing any time with this yourself. others will be so nice to excuse your lack of respect and so on, believing they will get into heaven or something like that.
Life is a mouth only death can feed
(J.H. Fabre)

owlonfire on deviantart.com
firebirdUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Simona » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:04 am

firebird wrote:respect and this common sense do only help others, so what you need in fact is that everbody else has more of this so you can profit from it without loosing any time with this yourself. others will be so nice to excuse your lack of respect and so on, believing they will get into heaven or something like that.

:| Heaven ....? sometimes I doubt that there .... Aaron's Grace Unhearing when he says in the song: "My only prayer was to a dying God
who I do not believe
But all the same I'm on my knees " :|
Aaron I'm an open book in your hands a book that you already know the content ...
SimonaUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby firebird » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:03 pm

Simona wrote: :| Heaven ....? sometimes I doubt that there .... Aaron's Grace Unhearing when he says in the song: "My only prayer was to a dying God
who I do not believe

I do definetly not believe in any god, may it be named allah, satan, odin or whatever. I apprechiate it being a nice metaphor, but nothing more. The universe does not need to be created and ruled.
(J.H. Fabre)

firebirdUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Abed » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:36 am

No doubt it is a very interesting topic :) I didnt notice it before due to what I have been witnessing back home and mostly I had no time to think of anything... But I started to have a read through these pages and found very interesting (Hats-off) posts... I will put mine soon I finish reading them.. :)
We live and die without hope
AbedUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby Simona » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:05 am

firebird wrote:
Simona wrote: :| Heaven ....? sometimes I doubt that there .... Aaron's Grace Unhearing when he says in the song: "My only prayer was to a dying God
who I do not believe

I do definetly not believe in any god, may it be named allah, satan, odin or whatever. I apprechiate it being a nice metaphor, but nothing more. The universe does not need to be created and ruled.

you have a very strong point of view when you say that ... :alien: Earth, like all planets (habitable) are meant to be populated and so ..... In my opinion ... :)
SimonaUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby firebird » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:25 pm

The anatomy of the human brain causes the need to believe in something. Otherwise it would not have also become so complex to explore things which make this seem as silly as inventing explanations for yet unexplainable phenomenons is. As the Homo sapiens is a social animal nothing suits this challenge better than an ultimate bellweather.
(J.H. Fabre)

firebirdUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Simona » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:15 pm

firebird wrote:The anatomy of the human brain causes the need to believe in something. Otherwise it would not have also become so complex to explore things which make this seem as silly as inventing explanations for yet unexplainable phenomenons is. As the Homo sapiens is a social animal nothing suits this challenge better than an ultimate bellweather.

:lol: He he he .... Lol .... Here's the explanation that we descended from monkeys ... :lol:
SimonaUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby firebird » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:14 pm

Who still needs an explanation for this? Are humans ahead of the monkeys or below? Does increasing complexity not lead to collapse?
(J.H. Fabre)

firebirdUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby shagrat » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:21 pm

I know plenty of humans who are way behind monkeys. :lol:
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
shagratUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Abed » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:36 pm

shagrat wrote:I know plenty of humans who are way behind monkeys. :lol:

:lol:

After having some read in this thread, and specially after seeing that almost everyone participated agreed on all most of thoughts... That is very interesting too and I do agree on some thoughts in each and every post. This whole means that most of us are people who evaluate life and think in the deepest of the depths for thoughts and answers and I see this healthy!

Cheers amigos! :beerchug:

Now I would like to put my take on determinism thing knowing that was about 6 months back when Matt started it, And I hope no one will be bothered to post something too late. :)

Melita wrote:People have free will, and I believe their decisions are influenced, but not caused. Free will is affected by human nature but people retain ability to choose contrary to their nature and desires.

[quote="MySanityDoesFly"I certainly don't believe that destiny is planned out by any kind of supreme being (I don't believe in one), only that, through cause and effect, all future events are pre-determined. This doesn't mean that we have any way of knowing what these events will be.[/quote]
This is a truism. And I also agree on the part where free will and soft determinism are compatible, and in some how they are linked together, that free will generates actions which we are responsible for and those actions generate consequences which cannot be predicted except for logical prediction since external causes might take place in here that
can change the whole desired consequence when we decide an action, and here I link destiny which is somehow linked big time to determinism too. I see that destiny was never
a lonely path, in fact Several destined paths (which are defined as determinism)
and choosing one of those paths is the free will itself...
So here where I agree with Matt too, where Destiny is planned by cause and effect
which create the atmosphere to free will to play its role

These are my thoughts and my point of it and many might disagree with
but just wanted to express what I think about determinism
We live and die without hope
AbedUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby Simona » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:44 pm

firebird wrote:Who still needs an explanation for this? Are humans ahead of the monkeys or below? Does increasing complexity not lead to collapse?

:eek: :D :o I do not know but many stupid with qualifications as researchers said that the blood of monkey is the closest that the human ..... Their opinion ...... :) :eek:
SimonaUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:58 pm

I agree with Firebird! Even though superior in structural complexity, most of the human beings rank lower than other animals to me! The typical, average man seems to have less common sense, consideration and understanding than all of the dogs I knew!
They're just too simmilar to the tyrant, pitiless gods they worship.
muskurov wrote:
MySanityDoesFly wrote:Let Jesus fuck you! Haha. God should definitely let me fuck him.

MySanityDoesFly wrote:muskurov is my new god :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I don't like this :!:
Mammon Iaho DumahUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Simona » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:07 am

Mammon Iaho Dumah wrote:I agree with Firebird! Even though superior in structural complexity, most of the human beings rank lower than other animals to me! The typical, average man seems to have less common sense, consideration and understanding than all of the dogs I knew!
They're just too simmilar to the tyrant, pitiless gods they worship.

here actually tend to agree with you ... evidence I have just yesterday when I was walking through a park and a "little ball", a fat which is called the guard of the park told me to put the dog into leash. I said, "Wow brother that I just left it to relieve himself ... you if you were in her place you could shit with a rope tied around your neck?" he mumbled something,but i cannot stay to listen so I put the bitch into leash and walked away ....
SimonaUser avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat