My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

Draconian

Discuss other bands, doom metal or otherwise, here.

Which of the following is your favourite album?

Where Lovers Mourn (2003)
8
18%
Arcane Rain Fell (2005)
14
32%
The Burning Halo ( 2006)
5
11%
Turning Season Within (2008)
16
36%
Shades of a Lost Moon (Demo, 1995-1996)
1
2%
The Closed Eyes of Paradise (Demo, 1999)
0
No votes
Dark Oceans We Cry (Demo, 2002)
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 44

Postby Alzamora » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:58 am

This is a band I have yet to get into, I fail. I hear so many good things about them, but I keep finding all these other bands. I need to make time to give them a chance.
AlzamoraUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: New Castle, Delaware

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:04 am

I think they're worth your time. Try listening to Morphine Cloud, Death Come Near Me, or The Solitude.
muskurov wrote:
MySanityDoesFly wrote:Let Jesus fuck you! Haha. God should definitely let me fuck him.


MySanityDoesFly wrote:muskurov is my new god :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:


I don't like this :!:
Mammon Iaho DumahUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:02 pm
Location: Standing in the rain

Postby Alzamora » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:33 am

I just keep finding all these other new bands, and when I find something new I like, I listen to it endlessly. They are on my list of bands to check out, I will get there some time. Currently I'm stuck on Dreams After Death.
AlzamoraUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: New Castle, Delaware

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:32 pm

That always happens to me too! I think they call it "depth-first search". :D
muskurov wrote:
MySanityDoesFly wrote:Let Jesus fuck you! Haha. God should definitely let me fuck him.


MySanityDoesFly wrote:muskurov is my new god :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:


I don't like this :!:
Mammon Iaho DumahUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:02 pm
Location: Standing in the rain

Postby herr m. » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:24 pm

Arcane Rain Fell is definitely my favorite. It's so epic and elegant. BTW did anyone enjoy the latest release "A rose for the apocalypse"? Because I sure did not.

On the related subject: new album by Doom:Vs is nearly finished :-)
Yours sincerely
herr m.User avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: Sweden, Umeå

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:37 am

herr m. wrote:Arcane Rain Fell is definitely my favorite. It's so epic and elegant. BTW did anyone enjoy the latest release "A rose for the apocalypse"? Because I sure did not.

On the related subject: new album by Doom:Vs is nearly finished :-)

I wasn't bad; but definitely not their best work either, musically speaking. The lyrics, however, were indeed good.
Yes, and I'm eagerly waiting for it to be released! Bonus that it's going to feature Thomas Akim Grønbæk Jensen of Saturnus; and I LOVE his voice and I love Saturnus. God, even the mere thought of it gives me orgasms! This is going to be bloody great! :devilsign:
muskurov wrote:
MySanityDoesFly wrote:Let Jesus fuck you! Haha. God should definitely let me fuck him.


MySanityDoesFly wrote:muskurov is my new god :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:


I don't like this :!:
Mammon Iaho DumahUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:02 pm
Location: Standing in the rain

Postby muskurov » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Mammon Iaho Dumah wrote:Yes, and I'm eagerly waiting for it to be released! Bonus that it's going to feature Thomas Akim Grønbæk Jensen of Saturnus; and I LOVE his voice and I love Saturnus. God, even the mere thought of it gives me orgasms! This is going to be bloody great!


:beerchug:
I hope I don't think about your orgasms every time I listen to it, else I'm going to kill myself.
muskurovUser avatar
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1217
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 10:13 am
Location: Berlin, Germany

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:18 pm

muskurov wrote:
Mammon Iaho Dumah wrote:Yes, and I'm eagerly waiting for it to be released! Bonus that it's going to feature Thomas Akim Grønbæk Jensen of Saturnus; and I LOVE his voice and I love Saturnus. God, even the mere thought of it gives me orgasms! This is going to be bloody great!


:beerchug:
I hope I don't think about your orgasms every time I listen to it, else I'm going to kill myself.

That's such a doomy thing to do!
muskurov wrote:
MySanityDoesFly wrote:Let Jesus fuck you! Haha. God should definitely let me fuck him.


MySanityDoesFly wrote:muskurov is my new god :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:


I don't like this :!:
Mammon Iaho DumahUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:02 pm
Location: Standing in the rain

Postby UnAs » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:13 pm

Mammon Iaho Dumah wrote:
muskurov wrote:
Mammon Iaho Dumah wrote:Yes, and I'm eagerly waiting for it to be released! Bonus that it's going to feature Thomas Akim Grønbæk Jensen of Saturnus; and I LOVE his voice and I love Saturnus. God, even the mere thought of it gives me orgasms! This is going to be bloody great!


:beerchug:
I hope I don't think about your orgasms every time I listen to it, else I'm going to kill myself.

That's such a doomy thing to do!

Aaaah..so sweet! :whip:
MySanityDoesFly :It would take more than a tight arse to get me to a Megadeth show ;-)
Image
UnAsUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist
 
Posts: 1053
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:57 pm
Location: Republic Of Srpska/Bosnia And Herzegovina

Postby for my fallen angel » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:51 am

I actually enjoy "Turning Season Within", sounds similar to My Dying Bride but Theatre Of Tragedy as well. The female voice reminds me on Nell Sigland (What does she do now?).

What do you think about "A Rose For The Apocalypse", which was not part of the poll?

I'm curious about the next Draconian album with the new singer. They played one unreleased song live, named "Dishearten". Reminds me on old Anathema stuff, like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S22ddMj3OMQ
for my fallen angelUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:47 pm

Postby for my fallen angel » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:48 pm

for my fallen angelUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:47 pm

Postby DarkLink » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:46 pm



Amazing ! Thanks for sharing the info !
Whispering my given name.
Unfurls the fingers of flame.
Nameless sons and daughters of sin.
Step forward when you hear the bells ring.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:20 pm
Location: Montréal - Canada

Postby muskurov » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:05 pm



Great news! :lol:
muskurovUser avatar
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1217
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 10:13 am
Location: Berlin, Germany

Postby for my fallen angel » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:21 pm

According to Napalm Records the album will be out in November and it will be the first Draconian album which will be released on vinyl too!
New bandpics:
www.facebook.com/draconianofficial
for my fallen angelUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:47 pm

Postby for my fallen angel » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:36 pm

Draconian Official

DRACONIAN's upcoming studio album entitled SOVRAN will be released on October, 30th via Napalm Records.

The album artwork (see below) was created by Costin Chioreanu (ARCTURUS, PRIMORDIAL, AT THE GATES , ARCH ENEMY).

Check out the track listing below:

1.Heavy Lies the Crown
2.The Wretched Tide
3.Pale Tortured Blue
4.Stellar Tombs
5.No Lonelier Star
6.Dusk Mariner
7.Dishearten
8.Rivers Between Us (featuring Daniel Änghede – Crippled Black Phoenix on Vocals)
9.The Marriage of Attaris
10.With Love and Defiance (Bonus Track)

SOVRAN is available as:

– Die Hard Fan Collectors Box: 6 Page Digipack, old school band logo pendant & album cover flag Limited worldwide to 300 copies and exclusively available via the Napalm Records Webstore!
– LTD First Edition 6 Page Digipack & Bonus Track
– LTD to 100 copies in Gold 2LP Gatefold Edition & Bonus Track
– Black Vinyl 2LP Gatefold Edition & Bonus Track
for my fallen angelUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:47 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Metal and Other Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron