My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

How consistent is your taste in music?

Discuss other bands, doom metal or otherwise, here.

Postby shagrat » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:43 pm

MySanityDoesFly wrote:I remember alternaace!

Yes, so do I. Vaguely anyway.
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
shagratUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Danhod » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:06 am

muskurov wrote:
ivofriul wrote:and to give a push to this very polite topic: I think all the rest is fooking annoying noise. :P

:D

I listen to a lot of annoying noise. Like all kinds of industrial and experimental music. Still my mind strangely decides that some of it is awesome and other pieces rubbish.

:beerchug:
As Real As Rainbows
DanhodUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Thiago » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:40 pm

I grow up listening bands like System of a Down and Rage Against the Machine, when I start to listening doom metal and black metal I stop with this bands. I don't no why. I just moving away from this kind of metal. Today I just listening depressive music, rock or metal like Katatonia, Lifelover and of course MDB. I like some classical too. It's funny but the only pop thing that I ever listen was t.A.T.U. because the girls are really hot. Eletronic for me just in Mass Effect.
ThiagoUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Alzamora » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:44 am

When I was really young I listened to what my parents listened to, like Led Zepplin, Aerosmith, ACDC, Def Leppard and bands like that. When I was around 7 my friend introduced me to Rap, I was really into it until about 12 when this same friend showed me Metallica's One. From 12 to 14 I slowly moved away from Rap towards Metal. Then when I was 14 my cousin moved in with us, he was a metal head all the way. I still remember the first time he took he Roadrunner Records cd sampler album and put it in my cd player. I remember it was Fear Factory - Self Immolation, back when they were still death metal. When I heard that first death growl I knew I had found my music.

From about 14 to my early 20s it was a mostly Death Metal for me, then around my early 20s I really got into Doom and Goth stuff more. In my late 20s early 30 it has been more Doom than ever, and more into Funeral Doom. So that is where I am at now, still listen to all those kinds of music, mostly Metal. This was kind of more like my biography of my musical evolution than my taste. Trust me, I could have kept going for hours on this topic, I love nothing more than talking music. Not sure I actually answered the question, but whatever. If anyone actually reads all that. :D
Last edited by Alzamora on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlzamoraUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby abbie » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:29 am

Nice story. I was also into rap for a while in my tween years. :lol:
abbieUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Alzamora » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:16 am

abbie wrote:Nice story. I was also into rap for a while in my tween years. :lol:

Thanks. :)
AlzamoraUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby joker1961 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:51 am

:?: my music taste is wide and every format of music is there... :violin: :headbang:

fellow dark lords of the underworld...hell on earth.
joker1961User avatar
Doom Apprentice
Doom Apprentice

Postby firebird » Fri May 20, 2016 3:15 pm

When I was 13 I considered myself as a raver. Today´s techno is much slower, less extreme and therefore boring. Back then I especially liked gabber with around 200 bpm. My taste in music obviously changed a bit.
Life is a mouth only death can feed
(J.H. Fabre)
firebirdUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Previous

Return to Metal and Other Music