My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

The Ghosts of the Lake

Discuss books, paintings, thoughts and more.

Postby firebird » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:59 pm

I don't think mankind will ever find more than a good trial of an explanation before - how ever - it will die out once. Errors get replaced by others which seem less wrong. But nevertheless, otherwise it would be boring.
Life is a mouth only death can feed
(J.H. Fabre)
firebirdUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:12 pm

I tend to agree with that. But I think creating another intelligent being, capable of viewing the world from a different angle, or overcoming the limitations of human mind is not entirely impossible.
muskurov wrote:
MySanityDoesFly wrote:Let Jesus fuck you! Haha. God should definitely let me fuck him.

MySanityDoesFly wrote:muskurov is my new god :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I don't like this :!:
Mammon Iaho DumahUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby muskurov » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:29 pm

firebird wrote:I don't think mankind will ever find more than a good trial of an explanation before - how ever - it will die out once. Errors get replaced by others which seem less wrong. But nevertheless, otherwise it would be boring.

If humanity lasts long enough it will be wrong less enough to be right. What troubles me is than there is an obvious progress in science, but I'm afraid there is a regress in culture and average intelligence.
Anyway I like your optimism. I'm also certain of an inevitable extinction. :beerchug:
muskurovUser avatar

Postby firebird » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Mammon Iaho Dumah wrote:I tend to agree with that. But I think creating another intelligent being, capable of viewing the world from a different angle, or overcoming the limitations of human mind is not entirely impossible.

But who will create this? Anyway, I don't think it is the meaning of life to explain it - or to dominate it.
(J.H. Fabre)
firebirdUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby firebird » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:24 pm

muskurov wrote:If humanity lasts long enough it will be wrong less enough to be right. What troubles me is than there is an obvious progress in science, but I'm afraid there is a regress in culture and average intelligence.
Anyway I like your optimism. I'm also certain of an inevitable extinction. :beerchug:

Well, it is a sign for the success of a species – the more successful it gets the lesss it is necessary for the single individual to fulfil evolutionary needs. At least there are enough others to rely on. Fortunately, because an occupation as a channel digger for example is not my purpose of life.
(J.H. Fabre)
firebirdUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:29 pm

No, I'm certainly not looking to find the "meaning of life", to the contrary; I couldn't care less, to be honest.
It's the joy in creating such a system, the scientific challenges that such a question proposes, that mentally stimulate me!
And, regarding the second question, it's true as long as the rate of people distancing themselves from scientific work does not exceed the bare minimum required for sustaining our current level of suphistication and technology. If it does, depending on its extent, it might lead to anything from a scientific and technological stalemate, to a technological regress, a second dark age, if you will, in the most extreme scenarios.
muskurov wrote:
MySanityDoesFly wrote:Let Jesus fuck you! Haha. God should definitely let me fuck him.

MySanityDoesFly wrote:muskurov is my new god :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby firebird » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:57 pm

I fear the content of people who are able to create an iPhone will decrease in contrast to the ones who use it, but hopefully I won't live to see that totally - I have survived too many worst-case-szenarios (BSE, Tschernobyl, Fukushima...) to be worried anymore.
(J.H. Fabre)
firebirdUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby firebird » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:11 pm

Attachments
platyias.jpg
platyias.jpg (59.12 KiB) Viewed 5625 times
(J.H. Fabre)
firebirdUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Mammon Iaho Dumah » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:02 pm

:ok:
muskurov wrote:

Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby firebird » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:19 pm

---
Attachments
the hungry mouth.jpg
the hungry mouth.jpg (43.73 KiB) Viewed 4586 times
(J.H. Fabre)
firebirdUser avatar