My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

New Moderator

Remarks, suggestions for improvements and questions about the web forum.

Postby Aylin Black » Sun May 31, 2015 12:05 pm

I believe that with our recent actions of promoting the forum, there is a need for another moderator.

I am working closely with Mysanitydoesfly for this and I believe that he is one of the most active users on the forum since it's birth. If there is a possibility of having a new mod... could we give him this status?

He is also looking over the Tribute album project and I believe it would be way easier for us if he had mod privileges.

Thank you for listening.
Love ya all!

:beerchug:
~Lily
Being The Cunt of Darkness since October 2006.

"I am an Anne Rice novel came to life"

MDB tribute project: email torturetonal@gmail.com
Aylin BlackUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Lycaon » Sun May 31, 2015 1:13 pm

Noted and will be discussed.

The main reason to appoint a new moderator would be that the forum maintenance needs another hand. At this point we are doing just fine, but we will see into it nonetheless.
"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
LycaonUser avatar

Postby Aylin Black » Sun May 31, 2015 5:17 pm

Thanks for considering.

It's minor stuff like approving and making a thread sticky... as both of us are going out there with hard promoting on the forum.

:beerchug:
~Lily
Being The Cunt of Darkness since October 2006.

"I am an Anne Rice novel came to life"

MDB tribute project: email torturetonal@gmail.com
Aylin BlackUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Danhod » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:56 pm

I don't see why he wouldn't be a great mod :)
As Real As Rainbows
DanhodUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby DarkLink » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:49 pm

Oh, it's been a while since I came over here ^^

As I mentionned it somewhere else, I don't see anything bad in promoting a member who has been active and loyal for years here to the role of moderator.

However, many people here are have been also promoting the forum and try to make it a lively place even if there iss always more to do. That being said, I agree with LYCAON regarding the needs and occasions when one is needed.

As I see it, it is more a maintenance role than a priviledged one, and I don't want to add my fair and kind comment to any pressure that could be made regarding a step-up process.

One last thing if I may: when you have not been here for months (or years?), I guess it is always better to show your dedication and regularity in participating than just writting on every topics very actively for 2 months and asking for something in return.

As mentionned in the rule set, using this forum is not a right but a priviledge.
Whispering my given name.
Unfurls the fingers of flame.
Nameless sons and daughters of sin.
Step forward when you hear the bells ring.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Lycaon » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:52 pm

The role of a moderator mainly exists out two parts. Firstly, there is making sure that forum is used according to the house rules. Well-behaved as you are, this not a grant effort. Secondly, there is the maintenance, selecting genuine first posts form spam, making a back-up every once in a while, keeping the system nice and tidy. At this point we have got all of this covered. In that sense – as Darklink puts it – no, being a moderator is not a privilege. It is mostly voluntary maintenance of a website.

If what you want is making this forum a more lively place – or something else in general – well, it’s a My Dying Bride forum with a couple of trivial house rules. Most of all it is a forum, and it becomses what its users make it to be. Changing the forum is something everyone could initiate or contribute to, there are no moderators needed on that account. By that I mean, being a moderator or a regular user would not make the slightest difference, yet of course I would be willing to play a part in it.

So if changing the forum somehow is what this thread boils down to, then I propose to start a thread in this section where we can discuss how we – as a group – could achieve such a thing.
"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
LycaonUser avatar

Return to Feedback & Questions