My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

Controversy, opinions and censoring process

Remarks, suggestions for improvements and questions about the web forum.

Postby DarkLink » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:02 pm

Well, well. I wanted to ask some simple questions, without involving useless polemical aspects:

Can we talk about what we think of being bad as well as what we mention as good ? Is it still possible on the official forum of a band to make well-constructed critics about the band or the label ?

I'm obviously not talking of silly stuff like: "This is shit etc...", I'm talking of something constructed with good arguments, that could be wrong but which are correctly and politely put in.

Is it still possible to give your own opinion with any censoring process ?

Thanks for the answer(s) I will get.

David
Whispering my given name.
Unfurls the fingers of flame.
Nameless sons and daughters of sin.
Step forward when you hear the bells ring.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby J1 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:39 pm

(moved this topic to a more appropriate place)

DarkLink wrote:Can we talk about what we think of being bad as well as what we mention as good ? Is it still possible on the official forum of a band to make well-constructed critics about the band or the label?

Of course it is. Just be mindful that the people whose work you are criticizing read what you write and can quite easily take what you write personally (it's their music you're talking about).

If your criticism is well-constructed or at least not just insults and a lot of "It sucks! I hates it!" then it is welcome.

I don't want a public discussion on what is and is not censorship here. Just keep in mind that this forum is part of the official site and as such anyone here is a guest of me and of the band. You are welcome to voice your opinion, just as long as you are respectful to us, your hosts.
J1User avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Azz » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:20 pm

This is the MDB forum, not the Peaceville forum ;) And it's not like some strangers come and voice their opinions.

Indifference breeds indifference.
AzzUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Aylin Black » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:36 pm

I guess... at long as you are respectful... and have arguments... nobody should mind. Quite the contrary...maybe they will clear the mist that lays upon some things.
~Lily
Being The Cunt of Darkness since October 2006.

"I am an Anne Rice novel came to life"

MDB tribute project: email torturetonal@gmail.com
Aylin BlackUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby psychosomatiKing » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:41 pm

yes, respect is probably the key-word here...
it is very easy for people to be a little bit too honest and say things without thinking first when they don't actually have to say it face to face to the person it's directed at
There's nothing wrong with honesty, but it doesn't mean you have to be a jerk in the process
"Inspiration is a word used by people who aren't really doing anything."
— Nick Cave
psychosomatiKingUser avatar
Darkness Adept
Darkness Adept

Postby manfredelline » Mon May 04, 2009 1:49 pm

J1 wrote:(moved this topic to a more appropriate place)

DarkLink wrote:Can we talk about what we think of being bad as well as what we mention as good ? Is it still possible on the official forum of a band to make well-constructed critics about the band or the label?

Of course it is. Just be mindful that the people whose work you are criticizing read what you write and can quite easily take what you write personally (it's their music you're talking about).

Dunno... i've no desire to offend anybody, but i doubt that people whose work we are criticizing do really read anything in here. And honestly... i wouldn't visit this forum myself if i was a band member... nothing said in new.
There's Been A Grave Misunderstanding...
manfredellineUser avatar
Novice
Novice

Postby J1 » Mon May 04, 2009 4:52 pm

manfredelline wrote:Dunno... i've no desire to offend anybody, but i doubt that people whose work we are criticizing do really read anything in here.

Your doubts notwithstanding, the band members indeed do read and indeed post on this forum.
And honestly... i wouldn't visit this forum myself if i was a band member... nothing said in new.

For someone who is new here, you sure have a strong opinion on the quality of conversation. Feel free, however, to contribute in a meaningful fashion and raise the bar for us all.
"We have art that we do not die of the truth"
             -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Recently played:
J1User avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby manfredelline » Mon May 04, 2009 5:08 pm

J1 wrote:
manfredelline wrote:And honestly... i wouldn't visit this forum myself if i was a band member... nothing said is new.

For someone who is new here, you sure have a strong opinion on the quality of conversation. Feel free, however, to contribute in a meaningful fashion and raise the bar for us all.

My god... :shock: I guess, I'd fear to take such kind of responsibility upon myself ever... lol... anyway, thank you very much for being attentive to us. :)
There's Been A Grave Misunderstanding...
manfredellineUser avatar
Novice
Novice

Postby J1 » Mon May 04, 2009 5:11 pm

manfredelline wrote:My god... :shock: I guess, I'd fear to take such kind of responsibility upon myself ever... lol... anyway, thank you very much for being attentive to us. :)

Heh. Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay :)
"We have art that we do not die of the truth"
             -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Recently played:
J1User avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Return to Feedback & Questions