My Dying Bride Forum

Take from me the crown of sympathy...

New My Dying Bride Forum ?

Remarks, suggestions for improvements and questions about the web forum.

Postby DarkLink » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Alright guys, I tried to create this thread in the right place but it didnt work...

I think this is a terrible news for us who posts quite regularly but it won't really make any difference for passers-by.

I think both the admin and the mods should decide if its time for some changes or not. I don't see the point in leaving the forum is such a tragic state....
I mean it's almost unusable now...

Don't you think we should take this as an opportunity to change the skin of the forum ?

I'm sure we could also find a way to attract more people to come here and leave their opinions. The FB MDB page is swarming with fans interested in the band, why don't we try to catch up with some of them ?

Well, there are just ideas, but I'm sure together we can think of a doomer place to roam in :twisted:
Whispering my given name.
Unfurls the fingers of flame.
Nameless sons and daughters of sin.
Step forward when you hear the bells ring.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Lycaon » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:13 pm

For the moment we are busy tweaking and updating the forum so it will be operational as before. The lost posts, halas, cannot be retrieved. But we are confident we will get over this blow fast enough.

Of course that does not say we aren't open to suggestions if there really turn out to be specific demands. That goes for updating the forum as for getting people from facebook on the forum. We however cannot perform magic so not every whish can be granted.

There will be time to explore the options of skin changing after things have turned normal again. For the moment the priority is elsewhere.

I am curious though, in which area did you try to create this thread and what exactly did not work. And were there any reports?
"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
LycaonUser avatar

Postby shagrat » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:17 pm

Oddly enough I don't find it unusable. It's still quite easy to post whatever one feels like posting etc. The old posts are lost, so what? It's not a big deal for me. I like the forum, and since I don't do FB I find it a most non-heinous place to hang out. :ok:
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
shagratUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Danhod » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:04 pm

It seems that threads created now will work, maybe all the threads should be deleted and we start from scratch? (apart from our profiles, of course!)
As Real As Rainbows
DanhodUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby DarkLink » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:48 am

@Shagrat: The point is it's still usable in some points, but don't tell me it's like nothing happened when most of the threads you wanna get in show you this message "The requested topic does not exist."

Plus, my thought was more about taking the opportunity to rebuilt and re-think the forum around some fresh and new ideas than to state if it was a usable ruin or not...

@Lycaon: It was in the Feedback section.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Lycaon » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:17 pm

Should be fixed now. :wink:
"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
LycaonUser avatar

Postby FrankieStrange » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:28 pm

Someone should just re-create all the popular threads, and continue where we left off. Would that be so bad? Heh... :|
FrankieStrangeUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby Slynt » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:57 am

I would love it if the band forum was more distinctly My Dying Bridish - with a few optional skins with album art or what have you, perhaps with small icons based on some of the great art Aaron's made.
SlyntUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby DarkLink » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:58 pm

The new ad banner on the Official Web Site is awesome ! That's probably something that'll helps the band to pay for some decent IT on the forum :D
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Frits » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:21 pm

:shock: What? The forum works perfectly over here! Really, don't see a need to start it up all over again. Perhaps a new lay-out is necessary, but I see no problem with the functionality of it :?
I Fail to find comfort in your pale cold eyes
FritsUser avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby DarkLink » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:06 pm

Then say thank you to Lycaon and Martin who did a great job to solve the problems and make the forum still a usuable place to go and post.
And if you are unaware of what were the problems, read more carefully.
DarkLinkUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby rlk222 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:08 am

The forum has seemed great to me, but I joined in early November. 2011. My only complaint is that the band members seem to never interact with their legions here!
"It is my sins that you deplore
Count them fair,
For I have more."
rlk222User avatar
Metal Acolyte
Metal Acolyte

Postby UnAs » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:37 pm

Can we expect a new look of the forum?
A Map Of All Our Failures theme? I'm just curious? :)
MySanityDoesFly :It would take more than a tight arse to get me to a Megadeth show ;-)
UnAsUser avatar
Arch Melancholist
Arch Melancholist

Postby Lycaon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:48 am

Creating a forum skin is a most labourous operation and since the present one is yet to see its first birthday, the short answer is no.
LycaonUser avatar

Return to Feedback & Questions